Licensed books on medicine
<< Previous || Next >> |
How to increase the amount of milk?
Restoration of lactation.
Before you start the measures aimed at increasing the amount of milk, note for yourself what other mistakes you make.
How many times do you put your baby to your breast during the day? If 5-8 times, then your breast does not have enough stimulation to produce the necessary amounts of milk and maintain a stable lactation.
Do you feed the child in the faded hours (from about 3 to 8 am)? If you do not feed, or the baby stops waking up, you may actually have a lack of milk due to lack of sufficient stimulation of the prolactin hormone. (One feed at 6 am usually not enough).
If you feed the baby on demand, the baby is correctly applied, often pisses, but badly gaining weight, you do not lack milk, a lack of digestion of this product. The reason for the shortage of weight in something else, it may be, for example, dissatisfaction in contact with the mother or a baby's disease - and in either case a specialist consultation is necessary.
If you have already started supplementing the formula, then for the transition to exclusive breastfeeding you will need the help of a specialist in the community. There are a large number of organizations involved in breastfeeding support and specialists with the necessary skills are there. This phrase has no relation to Russia, there are specialists, but there are very few of them.
If you still have a little milk, but you have not started feeding the formula yet, proceed as follows:
1. You in any case need competent support, at least by phone. Unfortunately, in a modern civilized society, nursing mothers can not find the necessary support from their relatives or girlfriends, tk. and they both often have no experience of successful breastfeeding. Try to find the nearest breastfeeding consultant * and discuss this problem with him. If such a specialist is not found anywhere, then:
2. Try to arrange maximum physical contact with the child. Do not try to postpone it immediately, as soon as he falls asleep. Use the patchwork holder (sling). If possible, put on the shorts and shirt on two shelves, then the baby will be during the feeding to rest on your bare legs, abdomen. Organize a joint night's sleep. If there is no possibility to sleep all night with the child, move his crib close to his, thrust his hand through the bars, the child should feel your constant presence. But about 4 am take it to yourself.
3. Learn the proper application. Babies who have had experience of sucking bottles and pacifiers very often keep their breasts wrong, they do not take the areola deep enough in the mouth. Mom may not be hurt, because. The extreme variant of wrong application is not present (when the child closes jaws on a nipple), but the breast is stimulated badly, tk. on the tongue lies the nipple and a small part of the areola, their child and "decant" ... Mom, who has never observed breastfeeding, it is difficult to determine how correctly her baby sucks. The best option is to consult a breastfeeding consultant. In the absence of such in your locality, it is necessary to find a mother breastfeeding a baby, preferably not the first one, and the baby should be really nursing, without the experience of sucking foreign objects (pacifier, dummy), and the mother should not have problems with nipples - abrasions, cracks, neither at the moment, nor earlier. It is impossible to learn how to apply to books and brochures! In the photos in the magazines for parents, there is little hope, because very often in parents' magazines one can find photographs of children holding their breasts incorrectly. This is the most important moment in restoring normal lactation. If the mother can not fix the attachment, or considers the painless option of improper application good, neither frequent attachments nor night feeding will yield the desired result.
4. Apply the baby to your chest at your request every hour excluding a night break (from 12 am to 4 am). Feeding on demand of the mother means that the child is applied regardless of their condition, then, when it is necessary for the mother. If the child "puts forward" and their own requirements, then, of course, it is also applied in these moments. At night, from 12 to 4, the child is applied only if he asks himself.
5. Organize mandatory feeding in the faded hours. If the baby still wakes up at 3-4 in the morning, do not try to "pump it up" any more, but attach it to your chest. You need 2-3 applications in the interval from 3 to 8 am (the time of formation of maximum concentrations of prolactin). If the baby stopped waking up, you should start the alarm at 4 am and offer the baby a chest at 4, 6 and 8 in the morning. The child quickly remembers his innate habit of sucking in the morning. If a child sleeps with his mother, he never forgets to apply himself a couple of times early in the morning. At mom and baby, sleeping together with birth about a week later, there is a synchronization of the rhythms of sleep. Mom adapts to the child and begins to sleep more superficially. When a child starts to mess around at night, Mom opens one eye, gives the baby a breast and then sleeps. The child sleeps sucking. Mom is usually half asleep or has a superficial sleep (this is only possible if the mother can feed lying in a comfortable position in which she can relax). Sucking, the child lets go of the chest and falls asleep deeply, and Mom falls asleep. Then again, the child starts a "quick sleep", he can start "messing around" and again applied. There are several such episodes during the night. Their number varies with the age of the child, their duration varies. But completely these faded feeds do not disappear even for large children. A child aged 1.5-2 years, for example, very actively sucks somewhere from 5.30 - 6.00 to 8.00-9.00 in the morning.
6. Forget about the time of weighing and weighing. Leave the balance alone, but rather give it to someone for a week.
7. If you have not stopped doing this, stop giving your child water or tea or juice. Any fluid that a child receives causes a false sense of satiety, reduces the need for breast sucking. If during the day your baby drank 100ml of water, it means that he received less than 100ml of milk.
8. If you have not stopped doing so, stop using a pacifier. The kid should forget that you can suck something other than my mother's breast. (You can still suck a cam or fingers, but if you see that the baby sucks them very intensively for more than 5 minutes, offer him a breast).
9. You will need help from your relatives. within 1-2 weeks you better from the child on anything to not be distracted. This method of restoring lactation is called a "nest method." The child should be minimally dressed, so that his skin also stimulate mother's lactation. You stimulate each other - the mother of the child for more frequent sucking, the child's mother - for a large milk production. You just do not have time to do anything else.
10. Be prepared for the fact that the child, finally, who has the opportunity to suck his breast as much as he wants, and unlimited physical contact with his mother, can "hang" on his chest for several hours, doing sucking continuously. The more such behavior is expressed, the more stress the child experienced, and one should not prevent him from engaging in compensating for this stress.
11. Do not try to observe the old regime of the day (walks and stuff ...). Relax and take care only of feeding. It is advisable not to go anywhere at all during this period, and to limit contacts (guests, relatives, etc.)
12. Do not worry that the breasts become very soft from frequent attachments. This is completely normal. With stable lactation, the breasts are soft all the time and give out milk only during the child's sucking. Recalculate the number of urination, they should become more.
13. A week after the beginning of such work, you can conduct the first weighing of the child. In a week you will have a second weigh-in - so you will start to monitor the weekly increase. If it grows with every week - everything works out for you.
14. After the establishment of 11-12 urination per day, continue for another 5-7 days to put the baby every hour, then within one day give him freedom and apply only at his request. If the child again asks the breast once every 3-4 hours, so the need for breastfeeding has not yet been restored, continue to apply every hour for another 1 week, then again try to observe, etc.
15. Most children develop a new regime for themselves in about 2-3 weeks, when they begin to show a more or less constant rhythm of daytime dreams. Now your baby should be applied to the chest to fall asleep and put on after awakening. It often happens that a child, after an hour's sleep, begins to worry, his mother puts it, and the baby falls asleep again.
16. Here is how the approximate mode of the baby looks, which restored the innate need for frequent attachments. If, for example, your baby is 2 months and in the daytime he sleeps four times, you get about as many attachments: "around" four dreams for two attachments - turns out 8 (the baby always falls asleep at the breast, for a time sleeps sucking and lets go of the chest, then is applied at the moment of awakening), plus feeding in the evening to fall asleep and in the morning when it wakes up, it turns out already 10, plus dumb applications 3-4 times - this is already 14, plus such small children may need to apply to their mother during wakefulness (usually then he is given a pacifier or a bottle with a seagull, because my mother believes that once the baby sucked half an hour ago, now he has nothing to do with his breast - and the baby wanted physical contact with his mother, I wanted to feel her closeness again, tenderness, I wanted to suck a little more the reason is not related to saturation - for example, I wanted to pee. There are children who, to do their deeds, it is necessary to attach to the chest, and there are children who need to apply right after ... There are various options, but the baby was given a dummy or a rattle cus ...). Such short-term applications can be, for example, 5. Total applications per day turned 19.
17. Another way of counting free attachments looks like this: a child should be applied to the chest "around" dreams (falls asleep at the breast and applied when he wakes up) and approximately 1 time at 2 o'clock while awake .. If the child is not applied 3 hours in a row and he does not sleeps, then some of his requests you miss, or he already decided that asking is useless ... There are different children with different needs, but the daily number of attachments is almost never less than 12. If you get less - then to restore e you will need more time.
18. If you get 12 urination per day, at least 12 attachments to your chest without looking at the clock, the baby began to add 200 or more grams per week - you coped with your problem.
19. Do not rush to give up your efforts. Stable lactation is obtained after about 1-2 months from the beginning of a new life. The more time passed from birth, the longer the recovery continues. Often, mother feels that milk is more on the second or third day, but a stable result is obtained not earlier than a week, and at least one more week is needed to develop a stable habit of such a life for a child. Therefore, the minimum period that must be devoted to the restoration of lactation is 2 weeks.
In many cases, a woman is prevented from establishing a full lactation, not absence of a 10-hour night's sleep or lack of time for walks and money for vitamin complexes for nursing mothers and fresh fruit in the middle of winter.
Mamma is hampered by two ideas firmly entrenched in the consciousness of modern society:
1. The child can not be accustomed to the hands and grab for every squeak - he will be spoiled.
2. With a child you can not sleep in the same bed - it is unhygienic and harmful, then you will not disaccustom. Try to forget about these two nonsenses, and you will become much easier.
| << Previous || Next >> |
| = Skip to the content of the tutorial = |
How to increase the amount of milk?
- Eat a nutritious diet, increasing the number of foods by 20 percent.
- Getting enough milk
I'm worried that my baby is not getting enough milk. What signals should I pay attention to? Instead of worrying and wondering if enough milk is given to the baby you are breastfeeding, check the indicators below. You will calm down and understand that your child is growing and is fully developed on your milk. Weight gain.
- Reducing the amount of milk during menstruation
My child is five months old. I have just resumed menstruation, and it seems to me that I'm losing milk. I really want to feed at least a year. What's happening? Any change in hormones in your body affects your breasts. Hormones, which include the menstrual cycle, can cause the mother to feel nervous, anxious and a sense of temporary reduction in milk production. Start
- How to increase the duration and prevalence of breastfeeding
There are many factors that influence how women feed their children and for how long they feed them with their breasts. These include traditional methods of medical care, the influence of family and friends, the living environment (urban or rural), socio-economic status, employment and place of work, pressure from commercial interests, knowledge of breast milk substitutes and their availability. On
- How is milk produced?
How does milk come In the first few days after delivery, the breast is soft and empty. It releases only a small amount of yellowish first milk, called colostrum (see subsection 3.4). After a few days, the breasts begin to make a blush and sometimes harden. She begins to produce a lot of milk. We say that milk "has arrived". Sometimes milk comes in two days, sometimes this process takes
- How should I express milk?
Even when women have the opportunity to use breast pumps, many prefer to express by hand. Hand-expressing more naturally mimics the sucking effect of the child. In addition, for safety reasons, it is necessary to sterilize breast pumps, and this in an emergency situation can be difficult. • Wash your hands thoroughly. • Prepare a clean cup or
- How does the breast produce and release milk
Understanding how your breasts are producing milk, and how you can improve her work, will help you appreciate the beautiful female art and the science of breastfeeding. The structure of the system of milk separation inside the breast resembles a tree. Mammary glands (leaves) are similar to the bunch of grapes cells (lobules), they are deep in the chest and produce milk. Further from these lobules milk
- Breast milk as a preventive and therapeutic agent
If you have a lot of milk, do not just throw out its excess after pumping and preparing supplies for feeding your baby in your absence. Find your milk is a worthy application when taking care of yourself, for the prevention and treatment of diseases in yourself, your baby and loved ones. There are many recipes for the use of milk in home treatment. Boldly replace in them cow sterilized
- How to find out if the baby is getting enough milk?
The most reliable criterion is a normal increase in the weight of a child under the age of 1 year - a healthy child should gain in weight from half to one kilogram per month, In this case, especially this process occurs in the first months of life. If the child is exclusively breastfeeding and urinates at least 6 times a day - he gets enough milk. If the child receives
- How breast milk protects a child from infection
Breast milk is clean and does not contain bacteria, so it can not be the cause of a child's illness. It contains anti-infectious factors that prevent the spread of infection. These include: - Live white blood cells (leukocytes) that kill bacteria. - Antibodies (immunoglobulins) of many common infections, protecting the child from the disease, until his body began
- How to find out if a child receives enough breast milk
Check "on wet diapers" Ask your mother how often a child wets diapers. He should urinate six or more times a day, and the urine should be colorless or pale yellow. - If the child is exclusively breastfed and urinates six times a day, he has enough breast milk. - If the mother gives him water or other drinks, this test will not help you.
- How does the child stimulate milk supply?
Signs of hunger appear long before the child begins to cry: he turns the head, opens his mouth wide, pops out his tongue and lets out saliva. When you are with a child, you learn to recognize these signs. So you can offer him a breast before he cries. The child will learn to suckle better if he does not care before feeding. Every child from birth has
- THE PROCESS OF EDUCATION OF BREAST MILK AND AS A CHILD SUCKING BREAST
THE PROCESS OF BREAST MILK EDUCATION AND THE CHILD'S SUCCESS