Licensed books on medicine
<< Previous || Next >> |
Someone told me that breastfeeding prevents pregnancy, but maybe it's all just talk?
Exceptional breastfeeding reduces the risk of becoming pregnant. During the first six months, until you have started your period and while you are fully breastfeeding, day and night, you are 98% protected from pregnancy. This is tantamount to protecting with others
modern contraceptives. In the next section (“How does breastfeeding happen?”) You will find out that your baby’s mouth has a stimulating effect on your breasts that affects the hormones that determine your ability to conceive. If your baby gets food from a bottle, even your expressed breast milk, or if they give him a dummy, the stimulating effect of sucking will decrease, and the contraceptive effect of breastfeeding will be weaker.
After your child is 6 months old, you cannot count on this method of pregnancy protection.
Breastfeeding protects women's health. Risk is reduced:
Early breast cancer
Bone disease in old age
Pregnancy in the first 6 months
Women with diabetes need less insulin.
| << Previous || Next >> |
| = Skip to textbook content = |
Someone told me that breastfeeding prevents pregnancy, but maybe it's all just talk?
- How can you say that everything that happens to us is caused by an internal cause? I stopped at a red light, and at that time another car hit me from behind. How can I be the cause of this?
At present, due to our great lack of awareness, it is very difficult to know exactly the internal cause of each accident (or consequence) in our external world. Take an example of your accident. Even if your awareness is not enough to remember what you were thinking about at the time of the accident, or to understand the cause of the accident. I suggest you start your own investigation, starting from
- In my family I do everything: home, food, children, their education, their education. I don’t understand why only I should deal with all this. My husband says that when a woman does everything, it’s in the order of things. But he is also responsible for this, right?
It depends on the obligations that you together made before the birth of the children. Have you discussed the consequences of having children in your family? Who wanted them? Suppose you really wanted to have children, but your husband told you: “I do not want to have children, but if this is so important to you, then okay. You can have children, I do not mind, because you will deal with them. " If between you has been reached
- Food supply can be unsustainable and unreliable. How do we feed babies older than 6 months who need more than just one breast milk?
At around the age of 6 months, start giving food that you yourself eat. There is no need to replace breastfeeding, give solid foods in addition to the usual breastfeeding scheme for your baby. Children older than 6 months can eat almost any food, but their diet should not contain a lot of salt. When you cook, separate a little for the child before adding salt to the rest
- What does this mean for the baby - breastfeeding?
How do you like the fact that you are giving your child a gift that can raise his IQ by about 10 points; can improve the functioning of the heart, intestines, and almost all other organs of your child; reduce the risk of life-reducing and debilitating diseases such as diabetes; and help your child avoid many common problems for babies, such as ear infections, disorders
- I believe that giving birth to children is a big responsibility. It can even be called a lifetime contract. When I think I can hurt them, I feel bad. What do I need to do to think differently?
Change your beliefs. Firstly, when you decide to have a baby, you should not think that you are responsible for his happiness. Your first motivation should be the desire to enable the soul to return in order to be embodied. It is a gift of self. Then, to continue your growth, you must learn to love this soul that has chosen you. Having a baby is
- If I allow my teenage daughter to walk late that evening and she suddenly becomes pregnant or addicted to drugs, I will feel guilty. What should I do? Maybe I'm too overbearing father?
Between us, tell me honestly: do you really believe that your daughter can get pregnant, or take drugs only late in the evening? You know very well that there is no logic in your words. 'Nevertheless, since you feel guilty, I advise you to speak frankly with your daughter about this. Share your feelings with her. Realize also that your feeling
- I convince myself that I am not leaving my husband just because he will disappear without me. Is this not stupid of me?
Your husband, perhaps, will disappear without you, and you yourself thought about the fact that it would not be easy for you without him? Apparently, he is very dependent on you. It is possible that you are both interdependent. I can assume that you like to play the role of a mother in your relationship with him. When you are fully aware of your own addiction, sit down and calmly talk to him. Plan this conversation on
- I don’t understand your theory. You say that you reap what you sow.
Why does my wife almost never listen to me, although I always listen to her when she talks about her affairs or problems? Are you really listening to what your spouse is saying, or maybe you are listening to your inner voice while she is speaking? Aren't you criticizing her inwardly in those moments when she is talking to you? Are you pondering your answer while she speaks?
- My husband has a panic fear of being without money. And this despite the fact that he and I have a permanent job. What to do and what to tell him?
Have you tried just talking to him about what's bothering him? You asked him if he had any questions about this, did he think about it? Was his father afraid to be left without money? If so, what did your husband as a child feel when he saw this fear of his father? Did he judge the father? When we condemn our parents, we ultimately become just like them. It would be nice to give
- I would like to know what I can learn from my mother. It makes me experience emotions - in the sense that it always contradicts me. She is negatively inclined and always says that I will not be able to achieve success in the business I have begun.
Judging by your question, I see that you blame your mother for your own emotions. I emphasize once again that a person cannot be held responsible for anyone's emotions. Only you are responsible for your emotions, that is, for your reaction to the words or deeds of your mother. You may not agree with what she tells you, but it’s important that you feel that she is acting like her
- My mother told me that nipple inflammation always happens and that you just have to put up with it.
Like many other women, your mother suffered in vain. Inflammation of the nipples can and should be prevented. In most cases, they are a sign of improper attachment to the chest. The baby sucks only the nipple, causing friction and causing harm, instead of sucking the breast in a wavy action that cannot damage the nipple. Approximately 90% of problems are caused by incorrect
- My wife goes to work. She never loved doing household chores, I know that and always knew that. I also go to work. Since we got married, maintaining order in the house constantly falls on me. It starts to bother me. We both go to work, and how can I explain to her that for the maintenance of cleanliness in the house she bears the same responsibility as I do?
Did you make a clear commitment before deciding to live together? Maybe you made a commitment to do household chores by telling her, for example: “No problem. Will I do this? And now you are responsible for the consequences of your decision. However, if at present it has become too difficult for you, you must tell your spouse about it. Ask her
- As soon as I want to talk with my spouse, he starts screaming. What should I do?
I'm afraid to be wrong and I don’t know how to start a conversation so that from the very beginning it would not take an unpleasant turn. If someone is constantly on the alert, this is a sure sign that he feels that he is being accused of something. Check if you do not hope deep down that you will be able to make your husband understand something in order to prove to him that you are right. For what purpose are you talking to him? Maybe,
- When I openly tell my husband how I feel about some of his actions, he listens to me, and then calmly answers that no one has the right to interfere in his personal life, that he is who he is and cannot change.
He believes that I should not take everything so close to my heart and that I should take care of my well-being myself. How should I be in this situation? Your husband, of course, is right in one thing: this is his personal life and he is not obliged to report to anyone except himself. On the other hand, I cannot agree with his statement that he cannot change. Everyone can change for the better if
- Laughter is the best medicine for breastfeeding.
One evening at a parent's seminar we were asked what it takes to be happy parents. We replied: "A sense of humor." Here are excerpts from our collection of breastfeeding stories: During lovemaking, my nipples parted like a sprinkler and hit my husband right in the eye. I was breastfeeding while I was with friends in the college dormitory. Several women were sitting around and
- But what about anemic women? Does breastfeeding take away their last strength?
Not. Anemic women are able to breastfeed quite normally, although for their own health it would be best if they undergo treatment. Drinking tea while eating reduces iron absorption, so try drinking tea two hours after eating. In fact, exclusive breastfeeding can protect women from anemia because it delays the return of menstruation. Then
- You said earlier that you can breastfeed even when you have completely stopped feeding. How to do it?
Even if you stopped breastfeeding a few months ago, you will probably be able to squeeze a drop of fluid from your chest. Your milk system has not completely stopped. Resuming breastfeeding after you have stopped breastfeeding is called relaxation. Women who have never given birth have been nursing adopted babies, and this is called induced, or induced