Licensed books on medicine
<< Ahead || Next >> |
Spermicides - contraceptive action of spermicides
The mechanism of the contraceptive action of spermicides (or chemical contraceptives) is based on the ability of the active ingredient in their composition to destroy spermatozoa within a few seconds (no more than 60). Such a strict requirement for the time interval is explained by the ability of spermatozoa to penetrate the cervical canal after a few seconds after ejaculation, and after 90 seconds - to reach the fallopian tubes.
As an active ingredient in modern spermicides, they are used:
• surfactants: nonoxynol-9, octoxynol, menfegol, benzalkonium chloride (benzalkonium chloride - dimethyl-alkyl-benzyl-ammonium-benzalkonium chloride - causes total destruction of spermatozoa for 20 seconds at a concentration of 0.005%, which is superior to nonoxynol-9, which exceeds the effect of nonoxynol-9, spermatozoids exceed concentration of 0.005% for 20 seconds, which is superior to nonoxynol-9, but is superior to nonoxynol-9; and antiviral action against herpes viruses types 1 and 2, cytomegalovirus, HIVS),
• active enzyme inhibitors: A-gene 53 (A-gen 53), syn-a-gene (Syn-a-gen).
In addition to the active substance, the carrier is included in the composition of spermicides - a means that provides dispersion and enveloping effect in the vagina, due to which a kind of barrier arises around the cervix.
The contraceptive effect of spermicides is low - 25-30 pregnancies per 100 women / years.
Advantages of the method:
• simplicity and availability,
• protects against sexually transmitted diseases, inflammation of the pelvic organs and infertility while being used with barrier agents (no-Noxynol-9 in vitro causes the death of gonococci, genital herpes virus, trichomonads, treponema virus, immunodeficiency virus).
| << Ahead || Next >> |
| = Go to tutorial content = |
Spermicides - contraceptive action of spermicides
- Chemical methods of barrier contraception (spermicides)
Spermicides are chemical agents that inactivate sperm in the vagina and prevent its passage into the uterus. Modern spermicides consist of two components: a chemical that inactivates spermatozoa, and a base that promotes the spread of spermicides in the I vagina. One of the currently most common active ingredients of spermicides is benzalkonium.
- The mechanism of contraceptive action of the Navy
According to numerous studies, the so-called aseptic inflammation develops in the endometrium against the background of an intrauterine contraceptive due to a reaction to a foreign body characterized by lymphocytic and leukocyte infiltration of the endometrium, the presence of plasma cells, increased vascular permeability and congestion, most pronounced in places
- Contraceptive sponge
Contraceptive sponge combines the effects of mechanical and chemical methods - prevents the penetration of sperm into the cervical canal and secretes a spermicidal substance. Product form: 1. natural sea sponge impregnated with spermicide, 2. polyurethane sponge containing 1 g of Nonoxynol-9. Available in one size. Contraceptive sponge has the form of round pads, with
- Injectable contraceptives
Contraceptives, which are used in the form of injections, are progestins of prolonged action. Medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA) and norethindrone enanthate (NET-EN) are currently used for this purpose. The long-acting progestin contraceptive mechanism (as a depot) is based on the blockade of ovulation, changes in the mucus of the cervical canal and transformation
- Protective (protective) effect of contraceptive hormones
The protective effect of contraceptive hormones is manifested in a number of pathological conditions of the reproductive system. Inflammatory processes of the genital organs Numerous studies have shown that the probability of developing inflammatory processes of the genital organs, especially ascending infection, is significantly reduced when using hormonal contraception. However it is necessary
- Therapeutic effect of contraceptive hormones
Dysfunctional uterine bleeding If uterine bleeding occurs as a result of a violation of the cyclic production of hormones by the ovaries in the absence of any organic pathology, it is called dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DMK). By definition of a number of authors, MQD is a “diagnosis of exclusion”, which can only be made if, after careful
- Extragenital pathology and contraceptive hormones
The introduction into clinical practice of various hormonal contraceptives significantly expanded their therapeutic possibilities in the treatment of not only various gynecological pathologies, but also a number of extragenital diseases, such as iron deficiency anemia, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoporosis. The main pathogenetic mechanism of development of iron deficiency anemia is a deficiency in the body.
- CONTRACEPTIVE HORMONES IN THE TREATMENT AND PREVENTION OF GYNECOLOGICAL DISEASES
Hormonal contraceptives have the ability to influence various parts of the reproductive system of women, and therefore they have found wide application for the treatment of various gynecological pathologies. For this purpose, monophasic combined oral contraceptives are most often used, which combine the effect of low doses of estrogens and relatively large doses of gestos-genes. With
- Lecture lesson number 5. Reproductive health. Family planning methods. Contraceptives
Plan: 1. Age patterns of manifestation of sexuality of both sexes 2. Sexual orientation. 3. Sexual maturity. 4. Methods of family planning 5. Abortion. The word "sex" comes from the Latin sexus and means "sex." Sexuality - UTO is the totality of the elements of sex-role behavior inherent in every healthy person. Forms of its manifestation depend or
- 89. LUNG DISEASES CAUSED BY THE ACTION OF THE DUST FACTOR AND THE ACTION OF CHEMICAL FACTORS. PATHOGENESIS, CLINIC, TREATMENT PRINCIPLES AND PREVENTION. CLINIC OF TOXIC PULMONARY SWEAT, PRINCIPLES OF TREATMENT
Pneumoconiosis is the development of fibrotic changes in the lungs as a result of prolonged inhalation. dust. According to etiology, 6 grams-PCs are distinguished: 1) silicosis-PC from inhalation of quartz dust (silica) 2) silicosis-PC from inhalation of silicate dust, silicon dioxide in a bound state with other elements #stostosis, talcosis. 3) metalloconioses - PC from dust Me: Al –aluminosis, iron oxides - siderosis. four)
- Word and action
For some psychologists, the old dictum still holds true: at first there was a word. New research hardly leaves any doubt that the word is not at the beginning of the development of the child's mind. As Buhler correctly notes, on a similar occasion, it was said that at the beginning of the formation of a man there is speech. May be. But before it there is still instrumental thinking. Practical intelligence is genetically ancient