Licensed books on medicine
<< Previous || Next >> |
Stage 3. Development of practical skills
As a warm-up, you can start with the exercise “Personal qualities”.
A group of students is divided into several teams, each of which offers one of the qualities traditionally considered either “female” or “male”, for example: courage, kindness, caring, assertiveness, etc. (you can use “masculine” and “feminine” »Characteristics from the questionnaire S. Boehm). The task of the team is to determine the situation or activity in which this quality will become the key to the success of an individual of the other sex.
The exercise is carried out two to three times. According to its results, students are led to the idea that any human quality can be claimed by a specific situation and be necessary in the life of a girl / woman and a boy / man.
After the warm-up, students are given individual tasks to reformulate recommendations from a gender perspective.
As approximate recommendations that need to be reformulated, the following can be used.
1. “Children need to be seated in pairs - a boy with a girl. <...> The teacher focuses on the fact that children should make the order together, distributing the work among themselves so that everyone does what he can do better. He approaches each pair and tells: “Cutting cardboard is difficult - this is work for the boy.” Or: “It is necessary to make a mosaic of grains very carefully, carefully - this is a job for a girl.” However, we must strive to ensure that children independently distribute work on the principle of complementarity ”1.
2. “A three-four-year-old boy should buy more“ male ”toys. Not only pistols and cars. It is useful to introduce sons to male professions. Among other things, it will distract the child from the computer, from the countless virtual murders that cause only fears and bitterness in the child’s soul. It is very good to combine stories with role-playing games, buying or mastering for them different attributes: helmets of firefighters, the helm of a ship, a police rod ... It is better that these toys are not very bright. Variegation is for girls. Choose calm, restrained courageous tones, because the suggestion is not only at the level of words, but also at the color level.
<...> Tell your son about interesting plot twists of the war game. Romanticize it, inviting him to mentally go back to antiquity, imagine himself an Old Russian knight, a Scandinavian Viking or a medieval knight. For him, craft cardboard armor and a sword. Buy some colorful, interesting book or video cassette that will make his fantasy work ”2.
In the process of reformulating recommendations, it is important for students to determine what exactly does not suit them in the proposed recommendations, justify why, and propose their own version of the recommendations taking into account the principles of a gender approach in education.
You can also suggest discussing specific pedagogical situations and real life cases. For instance.
1. Mom drives her six-year-old son from the kitchen, when he expressed a desire to cook soup with her. “This is not a man’s business,” she says. “You are not a girl.” What convincing arguments can this mother give to make her understand why the boy needs home economics?
1 Kudryavtseva E., Ledovskikh N. On the moral education of children of different sexes in a group of peers // Preschool education. 2003. No. 9. P. 26.
2 Shishova T. L. Raising boys // www.portalslovo.ru
2. "How to raise a self-confident child without using strategies for cultivating aggression?" Try to give competent advice on this request.
3. Offer competent recommendations from a gender perspective on the client’s next request: “I have two children, my daughter is 11 years old, and my son is 7. Tell me how to correctly distribute household chores between them. What principle should I be guided by? ”, Etc.
In conclusion, students are invited to draw up two thematic wall newspapers: “Girls can be different,” “Boys can be different.” To do this, they are first given homework to select appropriate illustrations, clippings from newspapers and magazines, which could illustrate the variability of personal characteristics and capabilities of women and men.
| << Previous || Next >> |
| = Skip to textbook content = |
Stage 3. Development of practical skills
- GUIDELINES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRACTICAL SKILLS
As a result of practical training in the clinic of infectious diseases, cadets should gain the skills to conduct the following manipulations: 1) blood culture on liquid nutrient media; 2) taking blood from a vein for serological studies; 3) preparation of a smear and a "thick drop" to detect malarial plasmodium; 4) the withdrawal of mucus from the nasopharynx for research on meningococcus; 5)
- PRACTICAL SKILLS.
- Lectures. Practical skills in obstetrics and gynecology, 2010
Lecture notes is intended to prepare students of medical universities for passing tests and exams in practical skills in obstetrics and gynecology. The content includes topics such as compiling and evaluating a gravidogram; palpation of the abdomen according to the Leopold method; measurement of the height of the uterus; auscultation of the fetal heartbeat; program design; two-handed examination of the uterus and much
- Helminthiasis in children. Practical skills
Questions for repetition: 1. Cycles of development of roundworms, whipworms, pinworms; pork, bovine and dwarf tapeworms. Test questions: 1. The prevalence and ways of infection with helminths in children. 2. Clinical manifestations of ascariasis, depending on the stage of development. Diagnosis and treatment. 3. Clinical manifestations of enterobiosis. Diagnosis and treatment. 4. Clinical manifestations of trichocephalosis.
- Stage 4. Training skills of critical analysis of texts on gender issues
The host gives each student the text of the report by B. Francis (see the appendix), as a homework, offers to carefully read its contents and answer the following questions: 1. How does the author of the text define the concept of gender and gender identity? 2. Is this understanding consistent with that adopted in gender studies? 3. What the author of the text does not agree with and for
- BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN RESUSCITATION AND INTENSIVE THERAPY
BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN RESUSCITATION AND INTENSIVE
- BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN EMERGENCY CONDITIONS IN PEDIATRICS
BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN EMERGENCY CONDITIONS IN
- BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN EMERGENCY NEUROLOGICAL AND MENTAL CONDITIONS
BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN EMERGENCY NEUROLOGICAL AND MENTAL
- BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN EMERGENCY CONDITIONS IN UROLOGY AND OTORINOLARINGOLOGY
BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN EMERGENCY CONDITIONS IN UROLOGY AND
- BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN EMERGENCY CONDITIONS OF INTERNAL DISEASES
BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN EMERGENCY CONDITIONS OF INTERNAL
- BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN EMERGENCY SURGICAL AND TRAUMATOLOGICAL CONDITIONS
BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN EMERGENCY SURGICAL AND TRAUMATOLOGICAL
- BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS WITH EMERGENCY OBSTETRIC AND GYNECOLOGICAL CARE
BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS IN EMERGENCY OBSTETRIC AND GYNECOLOGICAL
- PRACTICAL RECOMMENDATIONS ON THE SKILLS OF HANDLING WITH THE DISEASED CAT AND THE PROVISION OF FIRST AID
As a rule, the vast majority of these animals leads a healthy lifestyle, and a visit to a veterinarian is required exclusively for a routine examination and vaccinations. In addition, there is an opinion that if a cat lives inseparably in the house, the chances of getting sick are even less, because the animal does not contact with other cats and cannot be infected. This is not at all - the source
- Stage 3. Practical
This stage of work is aimed at the practical implementation of the knowledge gained. Students are invited to familiarize themselves with the Traffic Light technique, which is one of the methods of practical work with children who have experienced violence, used in the international community. The appendix provides a description of this technique. Procedure 1. Familiarize students with this methodology or present it in the form
- DESCRIPTION OF STAGES OF BASIC GYNECOLOGICAL OPERATIONS, FUNCTIONS OF THE SURGEON, ASSISTANT WHEN EXERCISING PRACTICAL SKILLS
DESCRIPTION OF THE STAGES OF BASIC GYNECOLOGICAL OPERATIONS, FUNCTIONS OF THE SURGEON, ASSISTANT AT PRACTICAL EXERCISE
- PRACTICAL SKILLS OF APPLICATION OF MEDICINES AND FIRST AID OF FIRST AID IN EMERGENCY AND TERMINAL CONDITIONS
PRACTICAL SKILLS OF APPLICATION OF MEDICINES AND FIRST AID OF FIRST AID IN EMERGENCY AND TERMINAL
- Stage 2. Practical task
Description of the task Students are encouraged to recreate the situation of psychological counseling. One of the students becomes a client (he is given a leaflet with a situation), the second is a consultant (school psychologist). It is necessary to lose the same situation twice. The psychologist in the first case is a supporter of the gender-role approach, in the second - gender. In the process of playing
- Stage 3. Implementation of the practical task
Two pairs of students are selected from the group who are given the task of acting out the situation. For example, a boy asks him to buy a doll, a girl asks her to cut her hair “like a boy”. Both couples get an identical situation, but one pair must play the situation that occurs in a traditionally patriarchal family, and the second pair in an egalitarian family. After students completed the assignment and