Licensed books on medicine
<< Ahead || Next >> |
Minerals and trace elements (minerals)
Indicate the value of food for a person
2. Give the definition of nutrition.
3. What is meant by nutritional status?
4. Give the hygienic characteristic of proteins.
5. Give the characteristic of essential amino acids.
6. Give the hygienic characteristic of fats.
7. Give the hygienic characteristic of carbohydrates.
8. Give a hygienic characteristic of mineral salts.
9. List the requirements for food.
10. What is the total energy consumption?
11. Describe the groups of food rations.
12. What diet should be athletes? Give a rating.
13. What is the optimal ratio in the diet of protein, fat and carbohydrates?
14. Daily rate of the main components of food in the diet of an adult.
15. What is the function of human proteins, fats, carbohydrates?
| << Ahead || Next >> |
| = Go to tutorial content = |
Minerals and trace elements (minerals)
- MAJOR NUTRIENTS, MINERALS, MICROELEMENTS AND THEIR SIGNIFICANCE IN NORM AND PATHOLOGY
There are 6 main groups of nutrients, 3 of which provide the body with energy - it is proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Other nutrients - vitamins, minerals and water - are non-energetic. In the body, proteins, fats and carbohydrates are broken down to form energy. The amount of energy released from 1 g of a substance is called the energy
Mineral substances are essential nutrients that must be ingested. The value of minerals in human nutrition is very diverse: 1. Mineral substances in the body are included in the complex of substances that make up the living protoplasm of cells, in which the main substance is protein. 2. Mineral substances are part of all the extracellular and interstitial
- The exchange of water and minerals
The human body is 60% water. Adipose tissue contains 20% of water (from its mass), bones - 25, liver - 70, skeletal muscles - 75, blood - 80, brain - 85%. For the normal functioning of the body, which lives in a changing environment, it is very important the constancy of the internal environment of the body. It is created by blood plasma, tissue fluid, lymph, the main part of which is water, proteins and
- Hygienic importance of minerals and vitamins in the diet of the population
Minerals and vitamins play a very important and at the same time peculiar role in the vital activity of the organism. First of all, they are not used as energy materials, which is a specific feature for proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Another distinctive feature of these nutrients is the relatively very insignificant quantitative need for them in the body. Enough
- DETERMINATION OF THE GENERAL CONTENT OF MINERAL SUBSTANCES (ASH)
The total content of mineral substances in the material under study is determined by its ashing, that is, organic substances are burned with free access of air. During combustion, carbon, hydrogen, and partially oxygen evaporate in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, and mineral elements in the form of oxide compounds remain in the so-called raw ash. Course of determination
- Absorption of vitamins and minerals
Folic acid. Biologically active form of folic acid - tetrahydrofolic - the most important component in the reactions of "one-carbon" transfer in the synthesis of thymidine nucleic acid from deoxyuridine. A deficiency of folic acid leads to the development of macrocytic anemia. Folate is found in green vegetables and fruits and comes in the form of pteroyl polyglutamate. Suction occurs mostly in skinny
- The value of vitamins and minerals for the growth and development of the child
For the normal development of the body, children should have enough vitamins in their diet. They not only protect the body from diseases associated with them, but also are components of the tissues. Without vitamins, enzymes are not formed, and, consequently, all reactions occurring in the body are delayed, normal metabolism is disturbed, digestion and blood formation are affected, and
- The value of fats, carbohydrates and minerals in human nutrition. The norms of these components of food and the sources of their entry into the human body
As mentioned in the previous lecture, fats are substances that perform in the body mainly energy function. In this regard, fats are superior to all other components of food (carbohydrates and proteins), since their combustion releases 2 times more energy (1 g of fat forms 9.3 kcal, while 1 g of protein and the corresponding amount of carbohydrates is only 4, 3 kcal). However biological
- MINERALS BEYOND IRONS
In countries where iodine deficiency is a public health problem, legislation on complete salt iodization should be adopted and ensured. Many minerals are essential micronutrients and play a vital role in growth, health and development. This chapter discusses those that are most important when introducing
- MEDICAL PROPERTIES OF MINERALS
The writings of European authors on the healing properties of minerals were mainly comments on the writings of ancient writers and doctors, first of all, Theophrastus (c. 372-287 BCE) and Pliny. In the Middle Ages, the composition of Theophrastus "On Stones" served as the basis for many imitations. One of the main sources of information about the healing and magical properties of stones, along with antique