Licensed books on medicine
<< Previous || Next >> |
The use of the probiotic preparation Zimun 1.23 for the treatment of mastitis in cows
Supervisor - Ph.D. vet. Sciences, Assoc. O.L. Savchenko Novosibirsk State Agrarian University, Novosibirsk
Cow mastitis is widespread and causes enormous damage to producers due to a decrease in milk productivity and milk quality, premature culling of cows, the incidence of newborn calves and treatment costs.
Basic research has allowed us to develop and put into practice a new class of drugs - probiotics. They have a wide range of positive pharmacological effects and, in addition, they are much more environmentally friendly than many other drugs.
The aim of this work was to determine the therapeutic efficacy of the new probiotic preparation Zimbun 1.23 in mastitis of cows.
To achieve the goal, the following tasks were set:
1. To study the therapeutic efficacy of Zimun 1.23.
2. Identify antimicrobial activity of zimun 1.23.
3. To study the effect of the probiotic preparation Zimbun 1.23 on biochemical blood parameters of cows.
4. To establish the effect of the drug on milk quality indicators.
Objects and research methods
The work was carried out in Kubanskoye CJSC in the Kargatsky District of the Novosibirsk Region in 2009. Laboratory studies were carried out in the Kargatsky District Laboratory.
The experiment used the probiotic preparation Zimbun 1.23, containing the spore biomass of bacteria Bacillus subtilis and a filler, which is a turbid liquid.
For research, dairy cows aged 5-6 years with a live weight of 450-500 kg, patients with catarrhal mastitis were used.
To determine the therapeutic efficacy of the drug on the basis of analogues, two experimental groups were formed. The cows of the 1st group were treated with the method accepted on the farm: daily, 10 ml of mast forte was administered intracisternally once a day after milking until complete recovery. Cows of the 2nd group were injected with 10 ml of the new probiotic preparation Zimun 1.23 intramuscularly, daily 2 times a day for 5 days. Recovery was determined by a twofold negative reaction with dimastine.
Scientific and production experiments have shown high therapeutic efficacy of the probiotic preparation Zimun 1.23. Positive changes in the condition of the animals were noted already on the second day of treatment during a clinical examination. The recovery of cows occurred on average on the 5-6th day, when using the drug mastiet forte - on the 7th day.
The results of the studies showed that the preparation Zimun 1.23 has bactericidal activity against causative agents of catarrhal mastitis. epidermidis, Str. agalactiae, E. soii, BGKP, which is confirmed by the absolute suppression of the growth of pathogens of microflora in liquid and solid nutrient media and microscopic studies.
In the experimental group, on the 15th day, under the influence of the zimun 1.23, the level of color indicator significantly increased - by 0.7%. The number of red blood cells and white blood cells decreased, respectively - by 2.5 and 8.22% compared with the counterparts from the control.
On the 30th day, the level of the color indicator did not change, but the number of red blood cells significantly decreased by 2.38, white blood cells by 4.83% compared with animals in the control group.
The hemoglobin level decreased both on the 15th and 30th, respectively - by 0.26 and 1.12%, and the number of platelets increased - by 1.56 and 1.81 compared with the counterparts from the control.
The probiotic preparation Zimun 1.23 affects the biochemical parameters of blood serum of cows. So, on the 15th day, the level of albumin significantly increased - by 0.8%, beta-globulins - by 20.0, total protein - by 4.29, calcium - by 1.36; phosphorus - by 8.13 and carotene - by 14.6%. Alpha globulins remained unchanged. The level of gamma globulins significantly decreased - by 0.8% compared with the same indicators of the control group.
On the 30th day in the experimental group, a significant increase in total protein was observed - by 4.23; beta-globulins - by 3.3, gamma-globulins - by 2.68, total calcium - by 3.0, inorganic phosphorus - by 7.14 and carotene - by 28.76%. The amount of alpha globulins decreased by 5.6% compared with the analogues from the control. All indicators were within the physiological norm.
Thus, significant changes in the mineral composition of the blood serum of experimental animals contributed to the rapid recovery and normalization of metabolic processes.
In the study of the effect of zimun 1.23 on milk quality indicators, the following was observed. The use of the drug increases the density of milk on both the 15th and 30th days, respectively, by 0.09 and 0.29%.
On the 15th day, the fat content increased by 3.1%, the content of SOMO and protein, respectively, by 3.54 and 6.45%. Acidity decreased by 2.0% compared with the control.
On day 30, there was an increase in fat content by 3.12%, SOMO - by 13.64, protein - by 9.4, acidity - by 2.0% compared with the analogues from the control. However, it should be noted that all indicators were within normal limits.
Bacterial contamination of milk from cows of the experimental group decreased and amounted to less than 300 thousand bacteria per 1 cm3 by the 15th and 30th day of research. In the control group, during the entire experiment, it amounted to 300-500 thousand bacteria in 1 cm3.
1. The probiotic preparation Zimun 1.23 has a high therapeutic activity, which reduces the time of treatment of catarrhal mastitis and the time of culling milk.
2. Characteristics of the bactericidal effect of the drug Zimun 1.23 can successfully combat pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic microflora.
3. Zimun 1.23, applied at a dose of 10 ml daily 2 times a day for 5 days, increases the resistance of the animal organism to external factors, as evidenced by monitoring of hematological and biochemical parameters.
4. Zimun 1.23, applied at a dose of 10 ml daily 2 times a day for 5 days, does not cause changes in the quality of milk. It complies with the required standards.
List of references
1. Oleinik A.V. Cobantan LC for mastitis in cows / A.V. Oleynik - Veterinary Medicine. No. 2, 2008. - S.18-19.
2. Nozdrin G.A. Status and prospects of application of probiotics based on Bac. subtilis in the West Siberian region / G.A. Nozdrin // Materials Ros. scientific-practical conf. Novosib. state agrarian. un-t; Control Veterinary adm. Novosib. reg .; NPF "Issled. Koltsovo center ". - Novosibirsk, 2003 .-- P.7.
3. Nozdrin G.A. Physico-chemical and sanitary-hygienic indicators of milk in the treatment of subclinical mastitis in cows by probiotic zimun - 14.40 / G.A. Nozdrin, A.S. Mizhevikina // Materials Sib. Int. vet. Congr. - Novosibirsk, 2005 .-- S. 254.
4. Nozdrin G.A. Establishing the optimal route of administration and dose of the probiotic winter 14.40 in the treatment of subclinical mastitis in cows / G.A. Nozdrin, A.S. Mizhevikina // Sib. Vestn. S.-kh. science. - Novosibirsk. - 2006. - No. 7. - from. 63.
| << Previous || Next >> |
| = Skip to textbook content = |
The use of the probiotic preparation Zimun 1.23 for the treatment of mastitis in cows
- The effect of the probiotic preparation veles 6.59 on the body of piglets with prophylactic use
Kraus M.N. Supervisor - Ph.D. vet. Sciences, Assoc. OL Savchenko Novosibirsk State Agrarian University, Novosibirsk In recent years, in all farms of the country there is an acute problem of stimulating growth and development, as well as preventing the incidence of young animals. That is why the use of probiotic preparations created on the basis of microorganisms takes on a large role. IN
- PROBIOTIC AND IMMUNOPROBIOTIC DRUGS
Zinchenko E.V. The animal’s body is constantly exposed to various harmful effects, constantly in contact with bacteria and viruses, toxins and other pathogens. With each breath, mortal enemies invade him, ready at any moment to attack him. Add to this the dirt on the walk and the water in the bowl, which is outdoors. Even an old toy covered with bacteria is capable of
- SOME ASPECTS OF PRACTICAL USE OF DRUGS OF MICRO-PLUS CJSC IN TREATMENT OF SMALL PETS
The key to success in the treatment of small pets is a good medical base. It is no secret that the presence in the veterinary clinics of imported therapeutic agents of high quality, with their competent use, has a positive effect on the effectiveness of treatment. But, unfortunately, not every pet owner can afford to treat his pet with expensive drugs. On the
- OTHER MEDICINES USED FOR TREATMENT OF SHOCK AND HEART FAILURE
Amrinon. This drug is a derivative of bipyridine, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor. It increases the content of cAMP and free calcium ions in myocardial cells. It has cardiotonic and vasodilating activity, has a direct effect - expands arterioles and veins. Increases myocardial contractility. Indications for use. Most effective as an extra
- Infectious Disease Medicines
The drugs most commonly used to treat infectious diseases in newborns are listed in Table. 53-1. Side effects of antibiotics Allergic reactions (generalized and local). • Toxic effects (hematologic, neurological, nephrological, hepatotoxic, gastrointestinal and others, including those manifesting in follow-up). • Side effects
- EXPERIENCE OF APPLICATION OF IRESA DRUG AS QUALITY 1 LINE OF MEDICINAL TREATMENT IN AGE AND WEAKNESS PATIENTS WITH NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER WITH METASTASES IN THE BRAIN
Strygina E.A., Kazantseva M.V., Davidenko I.S. Clinical Oncology Center DZ of the Krasnodar Territory Study objective: To evaluate the effectiveness and tolerability of Iressa treatment in weakened and aged patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NRL) with metastatic brain damage in the 1st line of drug treatment. Material and Methods: Summary of Treatment Results
- Guidelines for the use of the drug "Gigasept FF" for disinfection and sterilization of medical devices (company "Schulke and Mayer GMBH", Germany)
(Approved by the Head of the Department of State Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision of the Russian Federation on 08.31.92) Designed for medical personnel of medical institutions and employees of disinfection stations and territorial centers of the State Sanitary and Epidemiological Surveillance. 1. General information "Gigasept FF" manufactured by the company "Schulke y Mayer" (Germany) is a composition containing as
- Guidelines for the use of the drug "Lysetol AF" for disinfection and pre-sterilization cleaning of medical devices of the company "Schülke and Mayer GMBH" (Germany)
(Approved by the Head of the Department of State Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision of the Russian Federation on 08.31.92 No. 11-114 / 4056) Designed for medical personnel of medical institutions and employees of disinfection stations and territorial centers of the State Sanitary and Epidemiological Surveillance. General information "Lysetol AF" produced by the company "Schulke and Mayer GmbH" (Germany) is a composition,
- Medicines most commonly used to treat acute pain
• ???? Non-opioid analgesics (paracetamol, NSAIDs). • ???? Opioids and opiates (narcotic analgesics). • ???? Local anesthetics. • ???? Central a-adrenopositive drugs (clonidine and its analogues). • ???? Inhibitors of proteases. • ???? Auxiliary drugs (benzodiazepines, caffeine, dextroamphetamine, diphenin, carbamazepine, phenothiazines, butyrophenones). Paracetamol paracetamol
- The effectiveness of the use of dairy cows feed additives with the probiotic "Milk Master"
Legalina R.R., Gatiyatullina Yu.R. Scientific adviser: Associate Professor A. Karimova Federal State-Funded Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Ural State Academy of Veterinary Medicine”, Troitsk. Modern animal husbandry is based on the use of high technologies for the full growth, development and increase of animal productivity. A huge role in this process is played by feed additives. Any veterinarian will say that modern
- Mastitis in animals: causes, pathogenesis, signs, classification, treatment and prevention
Distribution and economic damage from mastitis Mastitis (from the Greek. Mastos - “nipple”) is an inflammation of the mammary gland, which develops as a result of exposure to the body of the female and her mammary gland of various stress factors: mechanical, chemical, thermal, climatic, biological, etc. Mastitis of cows is very widespread. In Russia, mastitis occurs in