Licensed books on medicine
| Next >> |
WHAT PSYCHOLOGY DOES
The word psychology comes from the ancient Greek "psycho" - the soul and "logos" - science and means "science of the soul." Although the fact of owning ancient Greek in itself is impressive, it is not enough to understand the subject. First, you need to learn the basic principles. Few do this, so you will leave even some psychologists far behind. The fact that insoluble problems and even terminology are full of contradictions are the basis of any area of psychology, you certainly benefit. Try to always use this to your advantage.
Secondly, different people understand psychology differently. Therefore, in order to pass for a psychologist, you need to have an idea of psychology and the many "schools" that it gave rise to. Different schools of psychology are characterized by a certain level of mutual loyalty, which is completely not characteristic of most major religions. Experimental and applied psychology are distinguished: the first is related to laboratory research, the second is used in real life. For example, psychoanalysts claim that psychology studies the unconscious, paranormal forces that affect a person; behaviorists argue that psychology explores the causes and effects of human behavior. There are such trends in science that strongly resemble sects (for example, cognitive-behavioral analysis), but they are rarely taken into account, because, in essence, they develop ideas of other areas of psychology. Quietly choose any of the existing trends in psychology or, as many do, invent your own.
Before we provide you with the necessary facts, as well as introduce you to discoveries in this area and, most importantly, with a special image of a psychologist, we want to draw your attention to several important points that will encourage you and help you easily enter the role of a psychologist. This will help you understand that being a subtle psychologist is not only simple and enjoyable, but often vital.
1. Even the psychologists themselves do not know exactly what psychology is. Psychologists emphasize that the definition of any concept from the field of psychology, such as intelligence, memory or feeling, is not accurate. The same can be said about psychology itself.
2. Being a psychologist does not mean practicing psychology. Many psychologists are frustrated by the fact that the most influential theories in psychology were developed by philosophers, psychiatrists and other doctors, as well as biologists, programmers, physicists, engineers, or even someone’s cousin.
Fortunately, theories of the human mind developed by traffic inspectors are not taken seriously.
3. Few people know what the psychologist does. There are so many disciplines in psychology, and it is impossible to understand what, in fact, a psychologist should do every day. Therefore, non-professionals often answer: “He talks with people”, “Reads thoughts”, “Removes from his head and evaluates advertising radio clips spinning there”.
4. Each psychologist has his own theory.
It is not necessary to quote other people's ideas if you can equally easily disseminate your ideas. The possibilities here are endless - from confirmation that the words of others can be true (only with real experiments, for example, “is the grass greener in the neighbor?”), Through the study of something that the researchers lost sight of (for example, the study of new the main quality - “fifth point tricks”), to a simple study of the role of psychology in a specific aspect of human behavior (for example, the function of selective attention in scanning an overflowing bar when searching for the “free waitress” object).
5. Great expectations. If there was one basic principle for the whole of psychology (which, most likely, does not exist), it would be as follows: a person’s behavior is dictated by his expectations, which are caused by unconscious motives, acquired experience, a certain social role or perception of a given moment. The key to these inner shackles is the ability to always expect the unexpected and not always rely on the expected. Or, in one phrase, summing up the centennial research in psychology: “Smile! That could never have happened. ” Of course, one should not utter these seditious words in a room full of psychologists. It is better to readily agree that the complex terms and ornate explanations that have flooded science are absolutely necessary.
Now you know what psychology actually is, you have a reliable base from which you can start from exploring the intricacies of discipline and awareness of its curious nature. The first step is the most important, but nonetheless easy to understand. Is psychology a science, art, or human nature? For the psychologist, there is only one answer to this question.
| Next >> |
| = Skip to textbook content = |
WHAT PSYCHOLOGY DOES
- What does a psychologist do?
Now I professionally divide all those involved in psychology into two groups: psychologists-diagnosticians and psychologists-trainers. Both those and others are equally important and necessary. Diagnostic psychologists are those who examine individuals and groups of people (production, sports and training groups) using tests and, based on the test results, give the appropriate conclusions to the test customer
- What does a legal psychologist do
Legal psychology deals with the application of psychological knowledge to the investigative, judicial and correctional field of activity. Accordingly, it is divided into criminological, judicial and penitentiary (correctional) psychology. Criminological psychology deals with the psychological problems of behavior and personality formation of the offender, the motives of the crime. Trial
- What we will do
Since that way of life and the way of eating led us to our current situation, it will be completely logical to change both. Then we will happily come with you to healthy skin, a vigorous well-groomed body and a fresh flowering appearance. If someone thinks that this is a special diet, after which it will be possible again to break down on the sofa and set off on a food revelry - you are mistaken.
- Additional features of the profession, as well as the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist and psychotherapist
The nature of the work is mainly indoors, sedentary. A medical contraindication to this profession is: the presence of infectious or mental illness. It is important to understand that a psychologist, unlike a psychotherapist and, especially, a psychiatrist, does not have a medical education and only works with mentally healthy people, carrying out prevention and providing assistance in solving
- In my family I do everything: home, food, children, their education, their education. I don’t understand why only I should deal with all this. My husband says that when a woman does everything, it’s in the order of things. But he is also responsible for this, right?
It depends on the obligations that you together made before the birth of the children. Have you discussed the consequences of having children in your family? Who wanted them? Suppose you really wanted to have children, but your husband told you: “I do not want to have children, but if this is so important to you, then okay. You can have children, I do not mind, because you will deal with them. " If between you has been reached
- What professionals should deal with the child?
At the St. Petersburg Institute for Early Intervention and regional centers for early intervention (habilitation) with children who have cerebral palsy, several specialists are usually involved. Physical therapist The specialty “physical therapy” exists in most countries, and a physical therapist is a specialist who treats functional, primarily
- The treatment of hypertension in persons engaged in intellectual work
persons of intellectual labor include teachers, doctors, engineers, workers in creative professions, officials ... In general, their treatment is no different from the treatment of people with other specialties. But there is a peculiarity: representatives of these professions have physical activity at an extremely low level, and their hypertension is primarily a manifestation of hypokinesia and layering on it
- Acmeological problems of using socio-psychological reserves in the professional self-realization of legal workers
The worldview of a lawyer includes the principles of life, which determine the nature of the activities of people involved in legal work. Their worldview is the core of social and individual consciousness. The formation of the worldview of a lawyer is an important process for our society. In a huge problem field of modern human science stood out, gained recognition and is developing intensively
- When my husband and I make love, I can’t get the same pleasure that he receives.
I could easily do without sexual intimacy with him. I love him so much. What to do in such a situation? Should I open up to him? Indeed, it is best for you to confess to your husband. If he still does not know about your sexual dissatisfaction, then it's time to talk with him about it. When spouses have different sexual needs, then usually one of them who has a lower need for
- My husband is engaged in financial fraud, and their consequences naturally affect me: I live in constant anxiety, anxiety and fear.
What do i do? If you and your spouse have completely different approaches to financial management, the main thing for you is to agree with him that you will independently manage your part of the money. Then you will have your own money, and you will manage it at your discretion, and the spouse will be able to do the same with his money. When each spouse tries not to interfere with the other “being” one,
- How is an adult different from a child?
Adults are much more like children than children are adults. For many children, the truck is the Big Machine. They cannot understand for a long time that the truck is designed to transport goods, and an ordinary passenger car - to transport people. Similarly, for many adults, a child is a Little Adult. They do not understand that a child has other problems than an adult. Although an adult at times
- What is our head thinking
In the head of every person, including the Wizard, there is a certain system of values. Within the framework of this system, we trust one information and verify the other, doubt it or reject it with an exclamation: “Bullshit!” Thanks to this hierarchy, we single out a specific area from which we obtain information as an area of absolute trust. For most of us, such an area
- How to feed a baby
The first meal that a baby is fed should be liquid. Many mothers give their children oatmeal. It makes no sense to buy baby cereals in bags. Oka are expensive and no better than porridge cooked at home. Their only advantage is their ease of use. At the age of about nine months, the child can already eat everything that adults eat, only in crushed form.
- WHAT IS A MAN LIVING?
WHAT IS ALIVE
- What is the newborn thinking?
In fact, this interrogation is illogical, since the newborn probably does not think at all. As far as we know, his psychic life consists only of feelings and drives and should thus resemble pure poetry. A newborn has just made one of the most difficult journeys of his life, passing through a maternity passage to the outside world, where his safety and well-being are fully
- BEFORE YOU DECIDE ON ECO
Possible complications Multiple pregnancy A feature of IVF is the high incidence of multiple pregnancies. If during the natural conception one twins are born for 70–80 births, one triple for 9000 births and one quadruple for 50,000 births, then after IVF multiple pregnancy occurs in about half of all pregnancies. This is due to the specifics of the IVF procedure, in which the uterus
- What is the difference between a psychiatric social worker and other psychotherapists?
His preparation imposes certain limitations on his practice. Although he studied the theory of psychoanalysis, the practice of psychoanalysis requires special training and only a psychoanalyst can deal with it. Most psychoanalysts and all psychiatrists have a medical education, and only doctors with a medical background can prescribe medications and other types of medical equipment, such as electroshock treatment.
- What is your head thinking about?
Question questions. First, let's figure out what she thinks. If you look at modern psychological literature, we have at least four minds and consciousnesses: the front and the back, the consciousness and the subconscious. If we take into account also the psychopsychological theories, then there are alpha and beta consciousness and the psi subconscious, spaces of Navi and Navi, the consciousness of the Fool and the Wise Man, and by connecting here
- How can massage help?
Nowadays, many so-called physical methods have been invented: various massages (ultrasound, vacuum, endermology), microcurrent stimulation, myostimulation, body wraps, body-belts and slim shorts, creams and soaps for weight loss ... Why not. But they give only a small and short-term effect - you cannot lose 20 kg and 30 cm on them, and even the discarded centimeters come back. With what
- How can psychiatry help production?
The psychiatrist who works with the staff of the enterprise should be familiar with the mood of the staff and with the point of view of the administration. With this knowledge, he can influence the decisions of the administration for the benefit of the company's revenues, the health of managers and the welfare of all staff. However, there are currently only fifteen psychiatrists performing full-time preventative