Licensed books on medicine
<< Ahead || Next >> |
Banal criticism of separate power
The system of separate nutrition of the American nutritionist Herbert Shelton, which has become quite widespread, strictly regulates the compatibility and incompatibility of food. Such requirements are justified by the alleged inability of the human gastrointestinal tract to simultaneously digest proteins of meat and fish with polysaccharides of bakery products and second cereal dishes, and proteins of dairy products with proteins of plant origin.
The vulnerability of the findings of G. Shelton is visible even to a non-specialist, since even an approximate examination of this concept allows one to easily determine its superficial character and ignorance of the principles of the physiology of digestion by supporters of separate feeding. Their views are dominated by mechanistic ideas.
Here are the main arguments of modern nutritionists put forward against the concept of separate nutrition.
1. In nature, there is no pure proteins, fats or carbohydrates. Most foods contain several ingredients. It may seem surprising to someone, but in meat, which is considered an important source of protein, the latter is less than a fifth.
Fat in it is much more than protein. In cereal plants a lot of carbohydrates, but a lot of protein. So it is difficult to deliver the body with food proteins or carbohydrates in its pure form. Therefore, whether we want it or not, but when eating, proteins and fats and carbohydrates simultaneously enter the stomach.
2. Digestion and absorption of food occurs mainly not in the stomach, but in the intestine. Digestive juices contain a set of different enzymes and are ready to digest multi-component food. The simultaneous intake of amino acids, fatty acids and glucose into the blood facilitates, and in many cases makes possible, the synthesis of its own proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Of course, mixed food is digested longer. But for the body it is both expedient and acceptable, and optimal, since the absorbed substances enter the blood gradually.
With separate feeding, some food factor, such as glucose, enters the blood quickly and in large quantities, which makes it difficult to assimilate, contributes to the overload of the enzyme systems responsible for this process. (Blow to the pancreas!)
The study of this concept makes it easy to determine its superficial nature and the ignorance of supporters of the separate feeding of the basics of the physiology of digestion. Their views are dominated by mechanistic ideas.
Finally, food in the stomach lingers for at least a few hours. Therefore, plus or minus 30 minutes does not matter, and it does not matter whether you first ate proteins, and at the end of dinner, carbohydrates, or everything was done the other way around. This, as they say, is within the experimental error. In the stomach, under the influence of peristalsis, all the contents — both food and gastric juice — are thoroughly mixed, and only proteins will be digested in it. In a short time, in the acidic environment of the stomach, the rotting of carbohydrates cannot begin, especially since the rotting does not occur in an acidic, but in an alkaline medium. In such an environment, pepsin cannot collapse. On the contrary, pepsin works better in an acidic environment, and its alkaline reaction sharply decreases its activity. It is well known how much harder protein food is digested in the stomach in people with low acidity of gastric juice.
Medicine has not confirmed the advisability of the recommendations of G. Shelton:
- at the same time use only starchy and sugary foods, and the melon must be eaten separately from any other food;
- eat fruit with cream, yogurt or sour cream in the morning, food rich in starch in the afternoon, and meat, fish and other foods containing protein in the evening;
- to avoid desserts, and to treat vitamins in tablets not only as a commercial undertaking of pharmacists.
| << Ahead || Next >> |
| = Go to tutorial content = |
Banal criticism of separate power
- Weighted analysis of separate nutrition (indications and contraindications for the use of separate power)
It is not difficult to see, by virtue of the Russian mental, and thanks to our unsettled and wretched life, it is sheer pleasure to criticize the theory of separate feeding. In fact, any of the conceptual provisions of separate nutrition for us, Russians, is either unacceptable or causes protest. We really can’t refuse potatoes with mushrooms, ravioli with sour cream, pasta with meatballs,
- Separate meals
It is impossible to say that when you separate food, everything is so simple and you can eat as you please, without bothering yourself with the rules. There are a lot of rules here. But they are fully justified. Nutritionists have long agreed that separate meals help us to systematize meals and not to eat everything in unimaginable combinations. The basic principle of separate feeding is to clearly
- Separate meals
I was invited to the city of Khabarovsk in the 88th summer. And it was getting dark late there, and at the first lesson they did not want to disperse: “Well, Vladimir Georgievich, well, give some task. Well, today, give us a task. ” I say, okay, write everything on a piece of paper and give definitions-answers at home: What is absolute alcohol? What is alcoholic beverages? What is medical fasting? What
- Separate Power Technology
Based on proven natural science, physiological and biological research, in the theory of separate feeding the following basic technological methods were developed. 1. Elimination of all harmful: - rejection of toxic stimulants (alcohol, smoking, hot spices); - all-round decrease in the amount of proteins in food (meat, eggs, cheese, mushrooms,
- Separate Power Postulates
The essence of a separate food is that certain products should not be consumed with each other at the same time. Some products are fully digested only in an acidic environment, others - in alkaline. The whole secret is to know which food elements can be taken at one time and which ones can not. Based on this, the following rules of nutrition
- Energy basis of separate power
One of the most important arguments in favor of separate nutrition is the concept of "living" energy, developed in the second half of the 19th century by the Swiss Max Bircher-Benner, according to which the biological value of products is determined not by their caloric value, but primarily by the ability to increase the charge of vitality in the body. In this case, plant preference should be given.
- SPLIT POWER
- Chemical basis of the separate food system
One of the main provisions of the separate nutrition is the balance of the products consumed by the chemical reaction and preservation of the acid-base balance necessary for the vital activity of the organism due to the food taken. Now it is already known that acids and alkalis enter the internal environment of the body in two ways: through food and thanks to their formation in the process of metabolism. AT
- The physiology of digestion from the standpoint of separate nutrition
As you know, the process of digestion begins with the crushing of food in the mouth. The enzyme ptyalin present in saliva breaks down starch into maltose (complex sugar). It acts only in an alkaline environment. However, if we consume starches of different composition, the effect of ptyalin is terminated. This means that starch enters the stomach and the small intestine is a little split, almost undigested. Act
- In what cases separate food should be considered as therapeutic.
1. When food acids contained in acidic fruits can not be taken simultaneously with products containing starch: bread, cereal, potatoes, pasta, etc.? “When” is only the first part of the question that needs to be answered. The second part is why. And it is probably easier to start with this consideration of this fundamental rule of separate feeding.
- Criticism and how to treat it
It is very important to distinguish useful criticism from all the rest. Often you have to do it only for yourself, not hoping for a public justification. We, the artists, it is given much easier than it seems to someone. Concrete and accurate criticism of the case brings the author only relief: “Oh, yes! That's what's wrong here! ” Useful criticism ultimately adds another piece of glass of the desired shape to our mosaic
- Critique of vegetarianism
Starting a detailed consideration of vegetarianism, as one of the most popular power systems claiming to be called ideal, I want to emphasize once again that this is not only a way of eating, but also a philosophical doctrine, so it’s not surprising that there were many outstanding and genuine humanists among vegetarians. However, it seems that they became such for reasons most likely not
- Criticism of the main provisions of the theory of J.Piaget
First of all, the very existence of the phenomenon of the child's egocentric cognitive position or, at least, its severity, “depth” is subjected to experimental verification and criticism. So, some researchers are trying to prove that Piaget’s tasks are difficult for a child because they are meaningless, emotionally indifferent to him. Or that children do not make mistakes because of the lack of logical