Licensed books on medicine
<< Previous || Next >> |
Calories to Calories
Currently, for a middle-aged person who is not engaged in heavy physical labor and is overweight, doctors recommend limiting the presence of fat in food to 40 g per day. This will effectively support weight by consuming an almost unlimited number of other products.
For a long time, the main tactics of weight control came down to a rigorous calculation of calories, a laborious and rather tedious procedure in terms of execution, and very inaccurate and approximate in terms of results. New data on the different roles of fats, proteins and carbohydrates in the development of overweight allow us to argue that counting calories is far from the best way to lose weight. After all, if the calories contained in fat really contribute to weight gain, then the calories contained in proteins and complex carbohydrates protect us from this increase. A tactic based on reducing fat intake, some feasible restriction of carbohydrates, mainly due to sugar and fructose, with sufficient intake of protein foods would have looked much more rational.
And satisfying, and comfortable, and effective!
And now we are already informed enough to speak directly about non-fat-free nutrition, nutrition that will reliably protect us from weight gain.
Basic techniques and rules for non-fatty nutrition:
* If the products contain little fat (less than 1-5%) 1, and are not very sweet, then their consumption can not be controlled. The body perfectly "knows" their norm and itself. Such classic non-fatty foods include low-fat varieties of meat, fish, cottage cheese, milk and dairy products, bread, pasta, cereals, potatoes, vegetables, greens. It is easy to see that if our diet consisted only of these types of foods, we would not starve to death.
 Of course, here we must focus on the standard portion. If a portion of lean meat of 100 grams is about 5 g of fat, then a portion of fat milk (5%) - 200-300 ml will already contain up to 15 g of fat.
* Fatty foods are high fat foods. With their uncontrolled consumption, the body’s load of fat will be so great that its excess will inevitably be converted to human fat. Fatty foods include all oils (including vegetable), fatty meats, milk and sour-milk products with a fat content of about 3.5% and above, shortcake and butter dough products, chocolate, cream creams, cream ice cream.
* Those fatty foods that are not very attractive to you, limit significantly. Then you can not really reduce the "favorite" fat content. Do not rush to give up anything “forever”. A glass of 4% fermented baked milk contains the same amount of fat as 1/5 of a standard chocolate bar. And now, forbid yourself chocolate and eat fermented baked milk in glasses?
* Try not to increase fat during cooking. Use more cooked and stewed foods, and, accordingly, less fried foods.
* You can fry on non-stick dishes, on the grill. You can more widely use baking in foil. All these cooking methods reduce its fat content, but not increase it.
* Cook boneless lean meat soups. The fat content of soups can be reduced by several times if the broth is left for several hours in the cold, and then the fat is collected from above.
* Among similar products, give preference to low-fat (low-fat cottage cheese, low-fat mayonnaise, milk up to 1.5% fat, and so on). Everything is decided by the ratio. For example, you used to use fatty cottage cheese more often, although sometimes you took fatty cottage cheese. Now you use non-greasy more often, although sometimes you take oily.
* The easiest way to eat less fat is to eat more lean. Try to be saturated with low-fat or low-fat products, leaving fat-containing foods as delicacies to give food a festive variety. Indeed, how many smoked sausages can be eaten if you are already full, and no one takes it from you, and no one takes it tomorrow?
* Try to eat slowly. This rule should not be turned into dogma, but when you remember this, really, try to eat more slowly! And, first of all, because this way you are more likely to get enough and it is easier for you to control food. There is a good technique that allows you to eat slowly in a natural way. For example, you eat a whole plate of dumplings. Truly tasty only the first, maximum, second. These are you trying. The rest eat automatically. Take a large plate and put on it a little bit of everything - meat, a piece of fish, several types of side dishes, several types of vegetables, sauce. Then involuntarily, moving from piece to piece, you will eat it slowly. After all, every time you will try new food.
* Quite often, organize food, slightly reduce appetite, and rather so-called pre-meal helps to eat more. For 10-15 minutes before the main meals, you can take a sip of a glass of warm water or weakly sweet tea with milk, or a glass of milk. You can eat a small portion of low-fat cottage cheese or curd mixture with ryazhenka and cereals or fruits, or drink a portion of a cocktail for weight loss. Typically, the calorie content of such a portion is two times less than the number of calories by which it is possible to painlessly reduce the main meal. For example, a person usually ate 600 calories of food for lunch. Having a bite of food before eating 50 calories, he then eats 400 calories for lunch. And eats up. Winning - 150 calories! 1
 This technique was tested in our studies with “weight loss” mixtures. More on this in the next chapter.
* Reducing the sugar content in food is also quite simple. Of course, provided that you do not try to ban them yourself at all. A person very quickly gets used to using less sugar in drinks. More often uses soft drinks with sugar substitutes. Of bread, it most often uses rye and bran bread, and somewhat less often - white. From cereals, it would be nice to make buckwheat a little more often and a little less often decoy.
The following table also helps to orient in fat intake.
The fat content in the most commonly consumed foods (per 100 grams of product)
| Product || Fat content |
| Beef is not fat || 5-10 |
| Fat beef || up to 30 |
| Meat pork || 25-35 |
| Fat || 70-75 |
| Cooked sausages (Ostankino, Doctor's, etc.) || 25-30 and more |
| Smoked pork sausages || 35-45 |
| Sausages and sausages || 25-30 |
| Dumplings with pork minced meat || 18-25 |
| Butter and Margarines || 75-80 |
| Ghee and cooking oils || 92-98 |
| Vegetable oil || 95 |
| Mayonnaise || 70 |
| Sour cream || 25-40 |
| Hard and processed cheeses * || 30-50 |
| Sunflower seeds, pumpkin, nuts || 30-50 |
| Chocolate || 40 |
| Ice cream || fifteen |
| Shortbread || 12-25 |
* The fat content of hard cheeses is calculated by dry solids. The real fat content of fresh cheese is usually 2.5-3 times lower than the table indicator
By the way, note that using this table is much simpler than a multi-page calorie table of products.
| << Previous || Next >> |
| = Skip to textbook content = |
Calories to Calories
The value of products continues to be measured in calories. Calorie is the same unit of measure as an inch or yard. A small calorie is the amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram (20 drops) of water by one degree. A large calorie is the amount of heat needed to heat 1 kg (about 2.25 pounds) of water per degree Celsius. Heat and energy are considered equivalents and
- Calories: how much?
Once I watched a science film about healthy eating, production seems to be the BBC. The journalist asked passers-by the same question: “What is calorie?” And no one could answer. Everyone said: this is something that is in the products. There are a lot of them in chocolate, but no one knew exactly what it really was. I admit, I also found out a scientific definition only when I began to seriously become interested
- Talk about calories.
Most losing weight today carefully calculate the calorie content of the food eaten, but they do it in vain, because the calorie content of the food consumed by and large does not affect anything. Surprised? It is not a matter of the quantity of the food itself, but of its qualitative composition, in the proportions of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Mostly carbohydrates. It is they, getting into the body, that are converted into glucose, which, on one
- Low calorie meals (1800-2000 calories)
A diet with reduced calorie content (1800-2000 calories) is recommended for patients with diabetes mellitus, with overweight exceeding normal by 29-49%. The daily calorie content in this case is also limited, but without violating the ratio of the main food ingredients - proteins, fats and carbohydrates. PRODUCT SET FOR DAY Black bread 150 g. Potato 70 g. Vegetables (except potatoes) 550 g. Groats
- Low calorie meals (900-1000 calories)
Nutrition with reduced calorie content is recommended for patients with diabetes mellitus, having an increased body weight exceeding normal by 60-100% (obesity III-IV degree). The main thing in this diet is a decrease in daily calories to 900-1000 calories due to a substantial decrease in the amount of fat in the diet and an increase in protein. It is recommended to include more vegetables in the menu, especially cabbage,
- High-calorie diet (3500-3600 calories)
A high-calorie diet is recommended for exhausted, weakened patients. PRODUCT SET FOR DAY Black bread 500 g. Potato 450 g. Vegetables (except potatoes). Buckwheat, oat, pearl barley 70 g. Beef II category 220 g or Chickens II category 220 g. Cooked sausage low-fat varieties 60 g. Eggs 1 piece. Fat-free cottage cheese 200 g. Russian cheese 50 g. Milk 400 g.
- Extra Calories, Extra Nutrients
The basic idea is that a nursing mother should eat additional foods containing approximately 500 nutritious calories per day to provide the energy needed to produce milk for her baby. In fact, more than 500 calories are required for daily milk production, but part of the energy is taken from the fat stores acquired during pregnancy. Weight of breast-feeding mothers stably
- Nutrition for patients with diabetes in mild overweight. Calorie reduced to 1800-2000 calories
PRODUCT SET FOR DAY White bread 150 g. Potato 250 g. Vegetables (except potatoes) 50 g. Semolina 50 g. Rice or buckwheat groats 50 g. Meat or fish 120 g. Egg 2 pieces. Milk 0.5 l. Kefir 200 g. Butter 20 g. Apples 200 g. Flour 5 g. Xylitol 30 g. Tea 1 g. Sour cream 15 g. SAMPLE MENU WEEKLY MONDAY Breakfast: scrambled eggs, tea with xylitol. Lunch:
- Nutrition for patients with diabetes mellitus in a light form with a normal weight, receiving hypoglycemic agents - 2500 calories
PRODUCT SET FOR DAY White bread 300 g. Vegetables (except potatoes) 150 g. Potatoes 500 g. Semolina 50 g. Rice or buckwheat groats. Meat or fish 120 g. Egg 3 pieces. Milk 500 g. Kefir or yogurt 200 g. Butter 20 g. Apples 400 g. Xylitol 30 g. SAMPLE MENU WEEKLY MONDAY Breakfast: scrambled eggs, tea with xylitol. Second breakfast: rice porridge. Lunch: soup
- Count calories or not?
I started this section with a story about calories. I'll finish them. Diets help to cope with problems of excess weight, but are not suitable for those who find it difficult to live according to the instructions. Too freedom-loving people are better off working out their own way to lose weight. Adhering to all the principles I have stated above, you can reduce the amount of food consumed. But to know for sure that you have not gone astray
- Nutrition for patients with mild diabetes mellitus with liver and gall bladder diseases with normal body weight receiving sugar-lowering drugs (diet for 2500 calories)
PRODUCT SET FOR DAY Black bread 300 g. Potatoes 100 g. Vegetables 800 g. Buckwheat, oat or pearl barley 50 g. Meat (category II beef or chicken) 160 g. Meat broth 300 g. Egg white 2 pieces. Fat-free cottage cheese 200 g. Milk 600 g. Kefir or yogurt 200 g. Butter 25 g. Vegetable oil 25 g. Diet sausage 50 g. Sugar 20 g. EXAMPLES MENU DAY
- Creativity creativity discord
The world of creativity is surprisingly diverse, and it can be classified according to various parameters. We are interested in the main feature - novelty. And more specifically, the novelty of the problem statement and the novelty of their solution. The simplest creativity is the application of a known solution to a known problem. Suppose we need to create a mechanism for lifting goods. An old problem, its old solution is also known:
- Rational parenteral nutrition programs
To conduct a full PP, it is necessary that gross violations of the content of water, electrolytes, and buffer systems be corrected. Elementary prerequisites for threatening a patient’s life (e.g., heart failure, shock) should be eliminated. Only after the elimination of severe violations do they begin to PP. It is necessary to strictly follow the instructions attached to each drug. It is important to know the composition
- FEED TYPES
This section classifies feeds according to their nutritional characteristics, allowing the veterinarian to find a product that meets specific requirements. The feeds are arranged in order of increasing nutrient content in the feed or the characteristics of the feed. LOW PROTEIN CONTENT (% of protein calories) CATS Canned food: Feline k / d (23), Feline l / d (25), Dry food: Feline k / d