Licensed books on medicine
<< Previous || Next >> |
Our second brain, or intestines, too, thinks
"Listen to your inner self," the wise people advise us. Our inner instinct, as a rule, does not make mistakes with regard to situations and people. This brain creates confusion and encourages us to do what the inner voice discourages. "I should have listened to the inner voice," we lament then. Perhaps it helped people survive in antiquity.
In the intestine and intestinal lymphoid tissue millions of nerve cells, almost as much as in the brain. This means that the intestine can process information about what is happening and turn the reaction into action independently of the brain and central nervous system.
If necessary, the intestine is able to control its functions independently.
The intestine is able to take emergency actions on its own: everyone knows that an attack of fear can cause a sharp reduction in peristaltic muscles, which sometimes leads to diarrhea. In all likelihood, this reflex is provided by nature in order to save energy in extreme situations. Once you have a nose to the nose with a lion, you will hardly want to use the energy of the body to digest food and gather strength to fight or flight. The organism is freed from excess cargo for the sake of survival.
| << Previous || Next >> |
| = Skip to the content of the tutorial = |
Our second brain, or intestines, too, thinks
- The finite, or large, brain
The terminal brain in ontogeny develops from the anterior cerebral bladder and is represented by two hemispheres. The hemispheres of the brain are constructed from gray matter (cells) and white matter (fibers or conductive paths). Microscopic study of the cerebral cortex, begun by the domestic scientist Professor VA. Betz in 1869, T. Meinert and others, showed that its structure (architectonics) is not the same.
- SECOND STAGE: TOTALITERN GENDER CONTRACT, OR "WORKING MOTHER"
The second stage of the state gender policy * led to the stabilization of the gender contract "working mother". Researchers, using the term "gender contract", imply the following. In every society, there are certain ways of dividing labor on the basis of sex in the public and private spheres and between them. In accordance with the gender contract, it is determined who and for what
- DAY TWENTY-SECOND - WHERE A NUCLEAR DISEASE, OR WRONGS OF PERSONAL CROCASES
As we have already learned, and directly from our own experience, skin problems are always associated with malnutrition, with poor quality products, with a lack of motor activity. But there is a fair question: why does it happen that everyone eats about the same thing, and skin sufferings - only among the elect? I will not say anything new to you, even, probably, I will inform the beaten
- A general discussion about expectoration of sputum, which begins on the second or third day
The best sputum [which is coughing up] is quicker, lighter and more plentiful, and moreover the most mature one is sputum white, smooth, homogeneous, not viscous, but on the contrary, balanced in composition. Expectoration of sputum, close to such maturity, calms the confusion of consciousness, if it was previously observed, and [removes] insomnia or other bad manifestations of the disease. Then follows [sputum], rolling
- Our first sketch on a napkin
In the next exercise, let's step through the process of creating our own picture-a "swipe". Lessons learned will remain with us and will help create any images in the future. Draw in the process of discussion. Leave a bookmark on this page, as we will return to it. Let's first draw our own set of tools for visual problem solving. This is the most
- Our mental office
Of course, the subconscious not only harms us in this way, it does a tremendous job of streamlining our ideas about the world, in fact being the main curator of our Picture of the World. All deep memory, all reactions - all this is decomposed into the shelves in the subconscious. This is what it remembers, that from hot - you will burn yourself, and, having fallen into the water, you must swim, and not drink. That is, the subconscious can be
- What does the newborn think?
In fact, this interrogation is illogical, since the newborn probably does not think at all. To the best of our knowledge, his psychic life consists only of feelings and drives, and should thus resemble pure poetry. The newborn has just made one of the most difficult journeys in his life, having passed through the maternity pass to the outside world, where his safety and well-being are completely
- What does your head think?
Question of questions. First, we'll figure out what she thinks. If we look at modern psychological literature, minds and consciousnesses, we have at least four: the front mind and the back, consciousness and subconsciousness. If we take into account also the near-psychological theories, then there are still alpha and beta consciousness and psi-subconsciousness, the spaces of Yavi and Navi, the consciousness of the Fool and the Clever, and by connecting here and
- The gender archeology is a science of woods, which also have sex
Who does not know the heavy, rough-hewn, often faceless stone statues, which in common parlance are called "stone women", as well as small, Paleolithic plastics - the so-called primitive Venus? These sculptural images of broad-chested, large-chested, often pregnant women are found throughout Europe - from the Balkans to Lake Baikal. Large copies are exhibited in the courtyards of museums, small ones -
- About what our head thinks
In the head of each person, and the Wizard in particular, there is a certain value system. Within the framework of this system we trust one information, and we check the other, question it or throw it away with a cry: "Bullshit!" Thanks to this hierarchy, we identify a certain area from which we receive information as an area of absolute trust. For most of us, such an area
- The role of the large intestine in the life of vegetarians and meat eaters (Mechnikov, Shatalov and the large intestine)
"For a long time, scientists could not understand what role the large intestine plays in our body, II Mechnikov even believed that such an organ is simply not needed." "The fact that Ilya Ilyich Mechnikov underestimated the role of the large intestine is not surprising: indeed, if the organism receives essential amino acids with animal proteins, and the functions of the large intestine are not
- Relationships between structure and function. Problems of function localization. Brain as a dynamic system. Mechanisms of system-integrative activity of the brain. Consciousness, psyche, brain. Unconsciousness
1. The relationship between structure and function in the norm and in pathology. Problems of function localization. In neurological sciences, Academician N.P. Bekhterev (1988) writes, there is a kind of contradiction. On the one hand, in the human brain not only a very large number of cells and even more connections between them, but in addition, populations of nerve cells can participate in providing not one but many
- Diseases of the intestine. Infectious enterocolitis (dysentery, typhoid fever, cholera). Nonspecific ulcerative colitis. Crohn's disease. Ischemic bowel disease. Appendicitis. Cancer of the colon.
1. Macroscopic characteristics of the small intestine with cholera enteritis 1. gray-yellow film densely welded to the wall 2. mucosal ulceration 3. multiple hemorrhages 4. sclerosis of the wall 2. Elements of the pathogenesis of typhoid 1. bacteremia 2. bacteriocholia 3. cerebral swelling 4. exudative inflammation 5. hypersensitivity reaction in lymphoid apparatus 3. Modern
- Any breast-feeding mother who thinks she has a cold may have mastitis
FOR PROFESSIONALS: HOW TO MAKE HELP Most mothers now breastfeed in different circumstances, and they need the support of experienced professionals such as nursing nurses, pediatricians, family practitioners and medical assistants. Here are tips on how you can help them. 1. Believe in breastfeeding. Faith is contagious. The more you
- Composition of the microflora of the large intestine. Functions of the microflora of the large intestine
The detailed composition of the intestinal microflora is indicated in Appendix 1. The whole intestinal microflora is divided into: - obligate (the main microflora); - optional part (conditionally pathogenic and saprophyte microflora); Obligatnaya microflora. Bifidobacteria are the most significant representatives of obligate bacteria in the intestines of children and adults. These are anaerobes, they do not form a dispute and
- What does "good or literate" and "bad or illiterate" PSYCHOLOGIST mean?
So, who is who? - A good psychologist serves as a guide, he will teach you to solve problems yourself, finding resources inside. A bad psychologist will give you advice. - A good professional with a higher psychological or basic medical education. You can ask to show diplomas, certificates, awards. A good psychologist will be glad to brag about his achievements, bad for you
- Replace or maintain? (artificial or auxiliary ventilation)
As is known, the respiratory muscles perform the work on providing self-breathing. It has already been mentioned above that excessive work of inspiratory muscles in unfavorable conditions leads to fatigue and exhaustion. Ventilation completely eliminates the work of muscles and, on the one hand, gives them rest, but on the other hand, inactivity of respiratory muscles causes rapidly growing dystrophic processes in it. AT
- Second phase.
The main goal of this stage is direct weight loss against the background of further intestinal cleaning and metabolism reorganization. This period can last long enough until you approach the optimal weight for your body. At this stage, the restrictions are no longer as stringent as in the first two weeks. Now your diet is supplemented by moderate portions of low-fat cottage cheese, white meat
- DAY TWO - TALE
A fairy tale is a lie, but a hint in it! And here is the second task: read carefully this Magic self-fulfilling fairy tale. It's best to print it out so it's always at hand, because it's the same Magic mood that we need to achieve our goal: we need to be cheerful, cheerful and ready to poke fun at ourselves. This fairy tale is very diverse, it contains a lot of