Licensed books on medicine
<< Ahead || Next >> |
Nutrition with an elimination diet
Eat at your usual time, choosing foods from the “Yes” column and excluding products from the “No” column in the table below. Since the column "Yes" almost certainly does not contain some of the products from your diet, you have to replace them with something. Use the recipes of the program (see chapter 11). All of them are included in the elimination diet.
The hardest thing to change is the breakfast menu, since bread, cereals, milk and eggs are not allowed.
Try breakfast with liquid dishes like energy puree with almond oil and cardamom. For breakfast, you can eat fish, chicken or vegetables from dinner, as well as brown rice or “quinoa bread” with a small amount of fruit and nuts. Fruits can be spread with almond oil.
For lunch, eat salads containing permitted types of proteins, soups, or other dishes with beans, lentils, and allowed cereals instead of sandwiches, hamburgers, burritos, and other lunch-familiar dishes.
For dinner, eat food prepared according to the recipes of the program, as well as green vegetables and permitted cereals (preferably kinvā) instead of white rice, pasta or potatoes. Steam fish, grilled chicken and baked vegetables are common food for this phase.
Remember that during this period of time you need to start reducing the level of caffeine intake. If desired, you can drink green tea and mate, which have a tonic effect characteristic of coffee.
The less caffeine you consume, the better. Generally in this preparatory phase drink plenty of pure water. To give it a taste, you can add lemon, cucumber and mint. Herbal teas will replace black tea and coffee, but they should be drunk with plenty of plain water, not instead.
If you fill your stomach late in the evening and eat early the next day, you are depriving the body of the opportunity to fully carry out the process of detoxification.
Whenever possible, buy organic products. A few weeks of the program and preparation for it provide an opportunity to significantly reduce the toxic load on the body. Reducing the effects of toxins in food does not pose a problem if you have access to organic products. The most important among them are organic meat products, since toxins accumulate as we move along the food chain.
Look for organic, hormone-free chicken and meat and try to buy fish caught in the wild, and not grown on fish farms. Do not skimp on organic peaches, apples, strawberries, celery, spinach, carrots, beans, avocados and pumpkins. Always thoroughly wash purchased fruits and vegetables with clean water.
| Table number 1. Remove interfering, add the missing |
| YES |
(include these foods in the diet)
| NOT |
(exclude these foods from the diet)
| Fruits: whole, no added sugar, frozen, diluted natural juices || Fruits: oranges, orange juice, grapefruit, strawberries, grapes, bananas |
| Dairy products: rice, oatmeal and peanut milk (almond or coconut milk) || Dairy products and eggs, cheese, cream, yogurt, butter, ice cream |
| Gluten-free cereals: brown rice, millet, kinoa, amaranth, buckwheat || Groats: wheat, barley, spelled, couscous, oats |
| Animal squirrels: fish caught in the wild, lean lamb, duck, chicken, turkey Vegetable proteins: peas, beans, lentils || Animal proteins: raw fish, pork, beef, veal, sausage, canned meat, hotdogs, crustaceans |
Soy products (soy sauces, soy oil in processed foods, tofu, soy milk, soy yogurt)
| Nuts and sunflower seeds: sesame, pumpkin, sunflower; hazelnut, pecan, almond, cashew, walnut || Nuts and seeds: peanuts, peanut butter, pistachios |
| Vegetables: preferably fresh, raw, steamed or stewed, fried || Vegetables: pureed vegetables, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, sweet peppers |
| Oils: extra virgin olive, linseed, sunflower, sesame, almond, pumpkin seed, walnut || Oils: butter, margarine, processed oils (meaning vegetable fats), mayonnaise |
| Drinks: filtered or distilled water, green tea, herbal teas, mineral water, mate || Drinks: alcohol, coffee, caffeine drinks, carbonated drinks |
| Sweeteners: brown rice syrup, agave syrup || Sweeteners: refined sugar, white or brown sugars, honey, maple syrup, high-fructose cereal syrups, evaporated sugar cane juice, chocolate |
| Seasoning: vinegar, all kinds of spices, sea salt, pepper, basil, cinnamon, cumin, dill, garlic, ginger, mustard, oregano, parsley, rosemary, turmeric, thyme || Seasonings: ketchup, hot spices, chutney, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, other similar seasonings |
Keeping an elimination diet helps to achieve
Eliminating packaged and processed foods and beverages containing additives, preservatives and other chemicals, including hidden sources, that you may not be aware of, such as seasonings and sauces, from the diet.
2. Reducing the number of potential stimuli in the diet. Some traditional products of the daily diet have a hidden irritant effect. Representatives of the family Solanaceae - tomatoes, sweet peppers, eggplants and potatoes - can cause increased sensitivity. According to the provisions of Ayurveda, when they are used in excess, inhibiting the digestive system, they contribute to the formation of a certain type of amma in the body. Strawberries, chocolates, crustaceans and nuts of some species can cause allergic reactions.
3. Decrease in acidity and increase in alkalinity of the internal environment. Red meat, dairy products, bananas and an excessive amount of wheat flour products contribute to an increase in acidity. In addition, these are the products that cause the most mucus formation, which interferes with the absorption of nutrients.
4. Elimination from the diet of products with inflammatory effect. Simple carbohydrates, such as sugar, wheat flour, white rice, cause the body to release large amounts of insulin into the bloodstream, which regulates the absorption of sugar by the cells. This hormone contributes to the development of inflammatory processes. Hydrogenated cooking oils, known as trans fats, also cause inflammation (cold-pressed oils are not hydrogenated).
5. Saturation of the diet with anti-inflammatory nutrients: omega-3 fatty acids, berries polyphenols and numerous herbal ingredients that contribute to hepatic detoxification.
6. Elimination from the diet of products that suppress some of the reactions of hepatic detoxification. These products include grapefruits.
7. Elimination from the diet of foods that often grow fungi (peanuts) or which are the nutrient medium for yeast that causes dysbacteriosis (sugar, alcohol and dairy products). Remember that alcohol is obtained as a result of yeast fermentation in ethanol of sugar from grains or fruits. Its yeast mixture contributes to dysbiosis. In addition, alcohol may contain a mixture of preservatives (sulfites in wine) and has depressant properties.
8. Elimination of caffeine from the diet, alcohol and ideally tobacco. These products load the adrenal glands, adversely affect the process of hepatic detoxification and create free radicals that can damage cells (in particular, their DNA and RNA), especially when they are consumed daily and in large quantities.
9. Elimination of nutritionally saturated with pesticides, hormones and antibiotics of cereals, meat, eggs and dairy products, as well as genetically modified products that go on sale without proper labeling, the negative impact of which on health is yet to be identified (especially for soybeans and wheat ).
| << Ahead || Next >> |
| = Go to tutorial content = |
Nutrition with an elimination diet
- SPECIFIC RECOMMENDATIONS FOR DIET WITH DISEASES
Do not forget that the following specific symptom directions in the diet are not needed if you follow diet no. 7 or if your illness is not serious. You will see an improvement from simply following the macrobiotic path (diet No. 6 or number 7), without the help of others and without devices and medicine INDEPENDENTLY. You will discover the true meaning of POST and PRAYER. If your secondary opening is slow,
- Elimination diet
An elimination diet provides for the exclusion from the diet of foods that are poorly digested or cause allergic reactions. It can be used alone as a detox program. By eliminating hard-to-digest foods from your diet and eating mostly organic vegetables, brown rice, beans, fish, fruits, and nuts, you save a lot of energy,
- Food at atherosclerosis
Proper nutritional therapy in atherosclerosis with vascular lesions of the heart, brain or other organs helps to slow the progression of the disease, reduce metabolic disorders, improve blood circulation, reduce body weight, if necessary, provide nutrition without overloading the cardiovascular and central nervous systems, liver, the kidneys. Atherosclerosis is a chronic disease that
- Food in mental labor
With mental work and weak muscular load during off-duty time, energy expenditure does not exceed 377–460 kJ (90 — Kcal) per hour and is 9623–10042 kJ (2300–2400 kcal) per day. Hypokinesia, insufficiency of motor-visceral reflexes, overeating, overweight and early development have a great influence on the health of people of mental labor and their performance.
- Nutrition for liver diseases
Proper nutrition in liver disease plays the most important role, which cannot be compared with the action of any drug. The one who suffers from this disease, on his own experience, was convinced that errors in nutrition, as a rule, cause aggravation: there is pain, nausea and other unpleasant sensations. The liver is involved in the metabolism of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, in it
- Food for chronic pancreatitis
Chronic pancreatitis occurs most often after acute, but it can also be primary, for example, in patients with cirrhosis of the liver, chronic hepatitis, in duodenal diseases, in the presence of stones in the biliary tract, sometimes in atherosclerosis and malnutrition in alcoholics, in allergic diseases, etc. The main thing in the treatment of chronic pancreatitis is properly constructed.
- Nutrition as a factor in the preservation and promotion of health. Physiological norms of nutrition. The value of the individual components of food in human nutrition. The value of proteins in human nutrition, their norms and sources of entry into the body
Nutrition is one of the most active and important environmental factors, which has a variety of effects on the human body, ensures its growth, development, preservation of health, disability and optimal longevity. All this is provided by a daily, regulated meal with a certain set of foods. Foods are complex
- Nutrition for enterocolitis
Enterocolitis is an inflammation of the small intestines with simultaneous damage to the thick, characterized by diarrhea or, conversely, constipation. In acute enterocolitis, which is accompanied by frequent diarrhea, the body is depleted of fluid, and this leads to dehydration. Therefore, in the first two days of illness, it is necessary to sharply limit the amount of food, and to quench thirst and prevent dehydration
- Nutrition for diabetes mellitus
INTRODUCTION With mild and moderate severity of diabetes, an appropriate diet is the main therapeutic factor. In more severe cases, nutrition is an essential complement to medication. Diabetes mellitus is a very common disease in which all types of metabolism are disturbed: carbohydrate, protein, fat, mineral, water. The basis of diabetes is
- Food for acute pancreatitis
The pancreas plays an important role in human life. It produces and secretes into the duodenum lumen an active juice, the substances of which break down the constituent parts of food - proteins, fats, carbohydrates - into simple compounds, which are then absorbed by the intestinal mucosa, enter the blood, are captured by the cells of organs, taking part in cellular metabolism,
- HOLIDAY DIVERSIANS, INTERNAL ENEMIES AND TRAITERS-SELF-MADERS, OR HOW TO PREVENT A BITTLE IN A DIET AND WHAT TO DO WHEN IT EVERYTHING HAPPENED
HOLIDAY DIVERSIANS, INTERNAL ENEMIES AND TRAITERS-SELF-MADUES, OR HOW TO PREVENT A BATTLE IN A DIET AND WHAT TO DO WHEN IT IS ALL
- Food with food allergies
Among allergic diseases, food allergies are widespread. The reason for the spread of food allergies is overnutrition, especially protein, widespread use in the food industry dyes, preservatives, all kinds of surrogates, and in agriculture - chemical fertilizers and toxic chemicals. The increase in recent years, the number of total allergenic
- FOOD WITH INSUFFICIENT BLOOD CIRCULATION
* * * Proper nutrition plays a huge role in diseases of the circulatory system, which are very common in our time. Circulatory failure occurs in diseases of the cardiovascular system - heart defects, cardiosclerosis, hypertension, etc. With circulatory failure, the functions of the lungs, liver, kidneys, heart deteriorate, the supply of tissues and
- MAINTAINING DIARRHEA IN THE INSUFFICIENCY OF FOOD IN HEAVY SHAPE
Diarrhea is a serious and often deadly disease in children with severe malnutrition. Without detracting from the importance of treatment and prevention of dehydration, the management of such children should also pay close attention to the elimination of the problem of undernutrition and the treatment of other infections (see footnote 3 on page 6, which deals with the diagnosis of malnutrition in severe
- The basic principles of nutrition in hypertension
Compliance with appropriate nutrition, along with pharmacological treatment, is an extremely important factor in the treatment of hypertension. It would not be an exaggeration to say that with increasing blood pressure, proper medical nutrition forms the basis of treatment, taking into account the following basic principles: - strict compliance of the energy value of the diet with the body's energy costs, and
- Nutrition during exacerbation of gout
Treatment of an acute gout attack includes bed rest, strict dietary and medication treatment. For the entire period of exacerbation exclude meat and fish products. Food consists mainly of liquid food (milk, dairy products, jelly, fruit drinks, vegetable and fruit juices, weak tea with milk or lemon, vegetable soups, liquid cereals). It is necessary to ensure that the patient does not
- FEATURES OF FOOD IN CURE OF CANCER WITH POISONS
It is written so much about nutrition in the treatment of cancer so much and so unreasonably that it sometimes takes a shocking face: who and why invented this and how can, without having the necessary (and sometimes no knowledge at all), it is very hard for people to give recommendations. Such recommendations are often, as we saw above, harmful to patients. Given this, we will consider only
- The main objectives of clinical nutrition in myocardial infarction
The main objectives of clinical nutrition are: 1. To promote regenerative processes in the muscle of the heart. 2. Improve blood circulation and metabolism. 3. Eliminate stress on the cardiovascular and central nervous system. 4. To ensure the sparing of the digestive organs and the normalization of the motor function of the intestine. Food should correspond to the periods of the disease (acute, subacute,
- Food in chronic renal failure
Chronic renal failure can be caused by various long-lasting kidney diseases that impair their function. If the work of the kidneys is weakened, they are poorly removed from the body of substances that are formed as a result of protein metabolism. These substances accumulate in the blood and have a toxic effect on the body. To reduce their concentration in the blood, it is necessary to sharply
- Nutrition for dysbacteriosis
When fermentation reactions in the intestine limit the intake of carbohydrates (honey, jam, sugar), fresh milk, raw fiber. Recommended products in boiled form, broth, ear, eggs. It is good to use the preparation SS-A, consisting of the collection of chamomile flowers, peppermint, yarrow, chilli. Supplements take 2 times a day before meals. The effect of this composition can be enhanced with the help of decoction.