Licensed books on medicine
<< Previous || Next >> |
Eating with an elimination diet
Take your food at the usual time for you, choosing foods from the "Yes" column and excluding products from the "No" column of the table below. Since the "Yes" column almost certainly does not contain certain foods from your diet, you will have to replace them with something. Use the program recipes (see chapter 11). All of them are included in the elimination diet.
The most difficult to change the breakfast menu, since bread, cereals, milk and eggs are not allowed.
Try breakfast with liquid dishes like energy puree with almond oil and cardamom. For breakfast, you can eat fish, chicken or vegetables left over from dinner, as well as brown rice or "bread" from quinoa with a small amount of fruit and nuts. Fruit can be spread with almond oil.
For lunch, eat salads containing licensed proteins, soups or other dishes with beans, lentils and crocks instead of sandwiches, hamburgers, burritos and other usual dishes for lunch.
For dinner, eat food prepared according to the recipes of the program, as well as green vegetables and allowed croup (preferably kinovu) instead of white rice, pasta or potatoes. Steam fish, fried chicken and baked vegetables are the usual food for this phase.
Remember that during this period of time you need to start lowering the level of caffeine consumption. If desired, you can drink green tea and mate, which have a tonic effect, characteristic of coffee.
The less you consume caffeine, the better. In general, in this preparatory phase, drink plenty of clean water. To add flavor to it, you can add lemon, cucumber and mint. Herbal teas will replace black tea and coffee, but they should be drunk with plenty of plain water, not instead.
If you fill the stomach late at night and eat early in the morning the next day, you deprive the body of the opportunity to fully carry out the process of detoxification
With every opportunity, buy organic products. Several weeks of the program and preparation for it make it possible to significantly reduce the toxic load on the body. Reducing the impact of toxins contained in food is not a problem if you have access to organic products. The most important among them are organic meat products, because toxins accumulate as they move along the food chain.
Look for organic, hormone-free chicken and meat and try to buy fish caught in the wild, and not grown on fish farms. Do not skimp on organic peaches, apples, strawberries, celery, spinach, carrots, beans, avocados and pumpkins. Always thoroughly clean the water with fruit and vegetables.
| Table 1. Remove the interfering, add the missing |
| YES |
(include these foods in the diet)
| NO |
(exclude these foods from the diet)
| Fruits: whole, without added sugar, frozen, diluted natural juices || Fruits: oranges, orange juice, grapefruit, strawberry, grapes, bananas |
| Substitutes of dairy products: rice, oatmeal and nut milk (almond or coconut milk) || Dairy products and eggs, cheese, cream, yogurt, butter, ice cream |
| Cereals without gluten: brown rice, millet, cinnamon, amaranth, buckwheat || Cereals: wheat, barley, polba, couscous, oats |
| Animal proteins: fish caught in the wild, low-fat lamb, duck, chicken, turkey Vegetable proteins: peas, beans, lentils || Animal proteins: raw fish, pork, beef, veal, sausage, canned meat, hot dogs, crustaceans |
Soy products (soy sauces, soybean oil in processed foods, tofu, soy milk, soy yogurt)
| Nuts and seeds: sesame, pumpkin, sunflower; hazelnut, pecan, almonds, cashew, greek || Nuts and seeds: peanuts, peanut butter, pistachios |
| Vegetables: preferably fresh, raw, steamed or stewed, fried || Vegetables: mashed vegetables, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, sweet pepper |
| Oils: olive cold pressed, linseed, sunflower, sesame, almond, from pumpkin seeds, from walnuts || Oils: butter, margarine, processed oils (vegetable fats are meant), mayonnaise |
| Drinks: filtered or distilled water, green tea, herbal teas, mineral water, mate || Drinks: alcohol, coffee, caffeinated drinks, carbonated drinks |
| Sweeteners: brown rice syrup, agave syrup || Sweeteners: refined sugar, white or brown sugars, honey, maple syrup, high fructose cereal syrups, evaporated sugarcane juice, chocolate |
| Condiments: vinegar, all kinds of spices, sea salt, pepper, basil, cinnamon, cumin, dill, garlic, ginger, mustard, oregano, parsley, rosemary, turmeric, thyme || Condiments: ketchup, spicy seasonings, chutney, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, other similar seasonings |
Observance of the elimination diet helps to achieve
Eliminate from the diet packaged and processed foods and beverages containing additives, preservatives and other chemicals, including hidden sources, which you may not know about, such as seasonings and sauces.
2. Reducing the number of potential irritants in the diet. Some traditional products of the daily diet have a hidden irritating effect. Representatives of the Solanaceae family - tomatoes, sweet peppers, eggplants and potatoes - can cause increased sensitivity. According to the provisions of Ayurveda, when they are used in excess, inhibiting the digestive system, they promote the formation of a certain type of amma in the body. Strawberries, chocolate, crustaceans and nuts of some species can cause allergic reactions.
3. Decrease in acidity and increase in alkalinity of the internal environment. Red meat, dairy products, bananas and excessive quantities of wheat flour products contribute to increased acidity. In addition, these are the products most causing mucus formation, which prevents the absorption of nutrients.
4. Elimination from the diet of products with inflammatory effect. Simple carbohydrates such as sugar, wheat flour, white rice, induce the body to release a large amount of insulin into the bloodstream, which regulates the absorption of sugar by the cells. This hormone promotes the development of inflammatory processes. Hydrogenated cooking oils, known as trans fats, also cause inflammation (cold-pressed oils are not hydrogenated).
5. Saturation of the diet with anti-inflammatory nutrients: omega-3 fatty acids, polyphenols from berries and numerous plant components that promote hepatic detoxification.
6. Elimination of foods that suppress certain reactions of hepatic detoxification. Such products include grapefruits.
7. Elimination from the diet of foods on which fungi (peanuts) often multiply or which are the nutrient medium for yeast that cause dysbacteriosis (sugar, alcohol and dairy products). Remember that alcohol is obtained as a result of yeast fermentation in ethanol sugar from grain or fruit. Its yeast mixture contributes to the emergence of dysbiosis. In addition, alcohol can contain a mixture of preservatives (sulphites in wine) and has the properties of a depressant.
8. Elimination of caffeine, alcohol and, ideally, tobacco. These products load the adrenal glands, adversely affect the process of hepatic detoxification and create free radicals that can damage cells (in particular, their DNA and RNA), especially when consumed daily and in large quantities.
9. Elimination of foodstuffs saturated with pesticides, hormones and antibiotics of cereals, meat, eggs and dairy products, as well as genetically modified products that go on sale without appropriate labeling, the negative impact of which on health is yet to be identified (especially soy and wheat ).
| << Previous || Next >> |
| = Skip to the content of the tutorial = |
Eating with an elimination diet
- SPECIFIC RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE DIET IN DISEASES
Do not forget that the following specific symptom areas in the diet are not necessary for you, if you follow the diet number 7 or if your disease is not serious. You will see an improvement from simply following the macrobiotic path (diet No. 6 or No. 7), without the help of others and without instruments and medicine. You will discover the true meaning of Lent and Prayer. If your secondary discovery is slow,
- Elimination diet
Elimination diet provides for the exclusion from the diet of foods that are poorly digested or cause allergic reactions. It can be used independently as a detoxification program. Excluding from your food indigestible foods and consuming mainly organic vegetables, brown rice, beans, fish, fruits and nuts, you save a lot of energy,
- Nutrition for atherosclerosis
Correct medical nutrition with atherosclerosis with damage to the blood vessels of the heart, brain or other organs helps to slow the progression of the disease, reduce metabolic disorders, improve blood circulation, reduce body weight, if necessary, provide nutrition without overloading the cardiovascular and central nervous system, liver, kidney. Atherosclerosis is a chronic disease that
- Nutrition in mental work
With mental labor and a weak muscular load during off-duty time, energy costs do not exceed 377-460 kJ (90-PO kcal) per hour and amount to 9623-10042 kJ (2300-2400 kcal) per day. The health of persons of mental labor and their performance are greatly influenced by hypokinesia, insufficiency of motor-visceral reflexes, overeating, overweight and early development
- Nutrition for liver diseases
Proper nutrition with liver disease plays the most important role, which can not be compared with the action of any medication. Those who suffer from this disease, on their own experience, made sure that errors in nutrition, as a rule, cause exacerbation: there is pain, nausea and other unpleasant sensations. The liver takes part in the metabolism of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, in it
- Nutrition for chronic pancreatitis
Chronic pancreatitis occurs most often after acute, but can also be primary, for example, in patients with cirrhosis of the liver, chronic hepatitis, with duodenal ulcers, with stones in the biliary tract, sometimes with atherosclerosis and malnutrition in alcoholics, allergic diseases, etc. The main thing in the treatment of chronic pancreatitis is the correctly constructed
- Nutrition as a factor in maintaining and promoting health. Physiological norms of nutrition. The importance of individual components of food in human nutrition. The importance of proteins in human nutrition, their norms and sources of intake into the body
Nutrition is one of the most active and important factors of the external environment, which exerts a diverse influence on the human body, ensures its growth, development, preservation of health, work capacity and optimal longevity. All this is provided by a daily, regulated meal with a certain set of foods. Food products are complex
- Nutrition with enterocolitis
Enterocolitis is an inflammation of the small intestines with a simultaneous lesion of the thick, characterized by diarrhea or, conversely, constipation. In acute enterocolitis, which is accompanied by frequent diarrhea, the body becomes depleted with liquid, and this leads to dehydration. Therefore, in the first two days of the disease, you must sharply limit the amount of food, and to quench your thirst and prevent dehydration
- NUTRITION IN SUGAR DIABETES
INTRODUCTION With mild and moderate severity of diabetes mellitus, the appropriate diet is the main curative factor. In more severe cases, nutrition is an essential complement to drug treatment. Diabetes mellitus is a very common disease, in which all types of metabolism are violated: carbohydrate, protein, fat, mineral, water. The basis of diabetes lies
- Nutrition for acute pancreatitis
The pancreas plays an important role in the life of a person. It produces and releases into the lumen of the duodenum active juice, the substances that split the components of food - proteins, fats, carbohydrates - into simple compounds that are then absorbed by the intestinal mucosa, enter the bloodstream, are captured by the cells of the organs, taking part in the cellular metabolism,
- CELEBRATABLE DIVERSIANTS, INTERNAL ENEMIES AND PERSONS-HUMANS, OR HOW TO PREVENT THE RANGE IN THE DIET AND WHAT TO DO WHEN IT ALL HAPPENED HAPPENED
CELEBRATABLE DIVERSIANTS, INTERNAL ENEMIES AND SELF-PRESENTERS, OR HOW TO PREVENT THE RANGE IN THE DIET AND WHAT TO DO WHEN IT IS ALL-TAKI
- Nutrition for food allergies
Among allergic diseases, a widespread food allergy. The reason for the spread of food allergies is excessive food, especially protein, a wide application in the food industry of dyes, preservatives, all kinds of surrogates, and in agriculture - chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Increase in recent years the amount of common allergic
- NUTRITION WITH INSUFFICIENCY OF THE CIRCULATION
* * * Proper nutrition plays a huge role in diseases of the circulatory system, which are very common in our time. Insufficiency of blood circulation occurs with diseases of the cardiovascular system - heart defects, cardiosclerosis, hypertension, etc. With circulatory failure, the functions of the lungs, liver, kidneys, and heart deteriorate, supply of tissues and
- ADMINISTRATION OF DIARRHEA WITH FAILURE OF INSUFFICIENCY OF NUTRITION IN HEAVY FORM
Diarrhea is a serious and often deadly disease in children with severe malnutrition. Without detracting from the importance of treatment and prevention of dehydration, in the management of such children, close attention should also be paid to eliminating the problem of reduced nutrition and the treatment of other infections (see footnote 3 on page 6 for diagnosis of malnutrition in severe
- Basic principles of nutrition in hypertensive disease
Adherence to appropriate nutrition, along with pharmacological treatment, is an extremely important factor in the treatment of hypertension. It is no exaggeration to say that with increasing blood pressure, the right therapeutic diet forms the basis of treatment, while taking into account the following basic principles: - a strict correspondence of the energy value of the ration to the energy inputs of the organism, and
- Nutrition for exacerbation of gout
Treatment of an acute attack of gout includes bed rest, compliance with strict diet and medication treatment. For the entire period of exacerbation, meat and fish products are excluded. The food consists mainly of liquid food (milk, sour-milk products, jelly, compotes, vegetable and fruit juices, weak tea with milk or lemon, vegetable soups, liquid porridges). It should be ensured that the patient does not
- FEATURES OF NUTRITION IN CANCERING CANCER
About nutrition in the treatment of cancer diseases written so much and so unreasonable, that sometimes embraces in awe: who and what for it invented and how it is possible, without having the necessary (and sometimes even no) knowledge, to give recommendations to very seriously ill people. Such recommendations often appear, as we saw above, to be harmful to patients. Given the above, we will only consider
- The main tasks of therapeutic nutrition in case of myocardial infarction
The main tasks of therapeutic nutrition are: 1. To promote the regenerative processes in the heart muscle. 2. Improve blood circulation and metabolism. 3. Exclude the burden on the cardiovascular and central nervous system. 4. Ensure the sparing of the digestive system and the normalization of the motor function of the intestine. Food should correspond to the periods of the disease (acute, subacute,
- Nutrition for chronic renal failure
Chronic renal failure can result in various long-term renal diseases that disrupt their function. If the work of the kidneys is weakened, they poorly remove from the body the substances that are formed as a result of protein metabolism. These substances accumulate in the blood and have a toxic effect on the body. To reduce their concentration in the blood, you need sharply
- Nutrition for dysbiosis
When fermented reactions in the intestine limit the intake of carbohydrates (honey, jam, sugar), fresh milk, raw fiber. Recommended products in the boiled form, broths, ears, eggs. It is good to use the drug SS-A, consisting of the collection of flowers of chamomile, peppermint, yarrow, bell pepper. Supplements are taken 2 times a day before meals. The effect of this composition can be enhanced with the aid of a decoction