Licensed books on medicine
<< Previous || Next >> |
Physical development of the population, signs of study, assessment of physical development
Physical state - the degree of a person’s readiness to perform muscular and labor loads of a different nature in a given specific period of time.
Physical development is a complex of physical, morphological and functional properties of an organism, which determine mass density, body shape, structural and mechanical qualities and are expressed by the reserve of its physical forces.
Factors affecting physical development:
2. medical and social
5. economic and geographical
Signs of physical development:
1) Anthropometric (dimensions of the body, human skeleton) - somatic (dimensions of the body and its parts), osteometric (dimensions of the skeleton and its parts), craniometric (sizes of the skull)
2) Anthroposcopic (description of the body as a whole and its parts) the development of the fat layer, muscles, hair and skin, etc.
3) Physiometric (physiological state, functional capabilities of the body) - VC, muscle strength of the hand, etc.
Assessment of physical development is important for identifying anthropometric markers of the risk of developing diseases, for determining tactics of labor management, for assessing ongoing health measures, for determining the level of work and physical activity, for forensic examination, etc.
The level of physical development of a person and the population as a whole illustrates the social situation in society.
They study: the level of physical development in various sex-age groups of the population and the shift of this indicator over time, the dynamics of physical development and health status in the same teams, the effectiveness of recreational activities, etc.
1. assessment of physical development is carried out in the morning
2. optimal lighting
3. availability of working tools
4. use of a unified research technique and technique
Assessment of physical development is carried out by comparing its indicators with standard ones and the degree of deviation from the average values is revealed.
Based on the assessment of physical development, physical health groups are formed (so far only for children)
| << Previous || Next >> |
| = Skip to textbook content = |
Physical development of the population, signs of study, assessment of physical development
- Physical development. Methods for determining and assessing the physical development of children
Physical development is understood as a combination of morphological and functional signs of the body: height, weight, chest circumference, lung capacity, muscle strength of the hands, etc. Physical development is directly related to the state of the cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, musculoskeletal, and other systems . In turn, stability depends on the level of physical development.
- INFORMATIVITY OF METHODS OF EVALUATING INDICATORS OF PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT WHEN CONDUCTING SOCIO-HYGIENIC MONITORING OF CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENT POPULATION
INFORMATIVITY OF METHODS OF EVALUATING INDICATORS OF PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT WHEN MANAGING SOCIO-HYGIENIC MONITORING OF CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENT
- How to measure physical development and use physical development maps
Physical development is an increase in body mass and dimensions, which includes components of body weight (weight component) and length or growth (linear component). In assessing physical development, accurate measurement of both components is critical. To ensure accurate and reliable measurements, unification of methods and calibration of equipment is extremely important. By
- METHODS FOR STUDYING THE PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
(Baranov A.A., Kuchma V.R.) There are two methods for collecting anthropometric material. 1. The individualizing method - examination of a specific child once or in the dynamics of several years, followed by an assessment of its biological level of development and the harmony of the morphological and functional state using the appropriate evaluation tables. 2. The generalizing method - one-stage
- EVALUATION OF PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
An important tool for assessing the nutritional status of infants and young children is regular monitoring of their physical development, which is why it should be an integral part of the children's health system. INTRODUCTION In the first 6 months of life, infants grow faster than at any other time after their birth, gaining about 200 g of weight and almost 1 centimeter per week. During
- Research and assessment of the physical development of students and schoolchildren
Objective: to master the techniques of anthropometric measurements and determine the level of physical development; skills to solve situational problems on an individual assessment of the physical development of schoolchildren and students. Content 1. The concept of physical development and factors influencing it. The main age-gender patterns of the physical development of children and adolescents. 2. The concept of
- METHODOLOGY FOR ASSESSING THE PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT OF A CHILD
Control over physical development is of great importance in childhood, especially in the first year of life and in the puberty. To assess physical development, it is necessary to measure body weight and height, circumferences of the head, chest, body proportions of the child, the calculation of some indices. In older children, an objective assessment of physical development requires an assessment of the degree of sexual development.
- The scheme for assessing the physical development of the child
The physical development of the child is assessed by comparing the indicators of weight, body length, head and chest circumferences with age standards for sigmal deviations, centile tables, nomograms (appendices 1, 2 a-d, 3 a-d, 4, 7). In recent years, as a rule, the centile method has been used to assess the physical development of children. The essence of the centile method is to distribute
- EVALUATION OF ANTHROPOMETRIC INDICATORS AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT OF A CHILD
Methods by which physical development is studied include • anthropometry; • examination and description of the signs of physique and appearance (somatoscopy); • function research: dynamometry with the help of special dynamometer devices; • study of physical performance using a step test or bicycle ergometry; • physical indicators (vital lung capacity, ECG data,
- Informational content of methods for assessing indicators of the physical development of children and adolescents at the population level
In the last decade of the XX and at the beginning of the XXI century, a number of works were published on the physical development of children and adolescents and its relationship with environmental factors and living conditions (Bogomolova E.S., 1994, Mikhailova S.A., 1995, Sukhanova N. N., 1996, Svinarev M.Yu., 2002, Ivannikov A.I., Sitnikova V.P. et al., 2007, Belyakova N.A., 2006 and others). Using different assessment techniques
- THEORETICAL SUBSTANTIATION OF APPROACHES TO THE EVALUATION OF INDICATORS OF PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
(Kuchma V.R., Skoblina N.A.) An analysis of the informativeness of methods for assessing indicators of the physical development of children and adolescents at the population and individual levels allows us to give preference to methods that use regional regression scales. Estimation by regional modified scales of regression of body weight by body length and a comprehensive scheme have much in common: - indicators of physical
- Supporting table for assessing physical development
Length No. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 7 Hyposomy overweight II Hypososomy overweight II Normosomy overweight II Normosomy overweight II Normosomy overweight II Hypersomium overweight II Hypersomium overweight II Mass 6 Hypososomy overweight I Hypososomy overweight I Normosome excess weight I normosomy excess weight I normosomy excess weight I hypersomia
- Informative methods of assessing indicators of physical development of children and adolescents at the individual level
(Kuchma V.R., Skoblina N.A., Pinelis V.G., Karganov M.Yu.) Literature data indicate the relationship of physical development and the health status of children and adolescents: moreover, different authors question "what is primary?" It is decided differently. V.N. Kardashenko, E.P. Stromskaya et al. (1982, 1985) note that the relationship between the characteristics of physical development and the state of health remains insufficient
- EVALUATION OF INDICATORS OF PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT DURING PREVENTIVE MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS OF CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS IN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
(Baranov A.A., Kuchma V.R., Sukhareva L.M., Rapoport I.K., Yampolskaya Yu.A.) Monitoring the health of children and adolescents - monitoring is based on the results of mass preventive examinations of children and adolescents in preschool and educational institutions of general and correctional type, boarding schools, in educational institutions of vocational education. Massive
- PHYSICAL AND NERVO-MENTAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHILD. COMPREHENSIVE ASSESSMENT OF THE HEALTH OF CHILDREN. ASSESSMENT OF FUNCTIONAL CONDITION OF CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM IN CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
PHYSICAL AND NERVO-MENTAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHILD. COMPREHENSIVE ASSESSMENT OF THE HEALTH OF CHILDREN. ASSESSMENT OF THE FUNCTIONAL CONDITION OF THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM IN CHILDREN AND
- Physical development
Biotypology is the science of body types. Children's health indicators: direct indicators of physical development; inverse indicators of morbidity, disability, infant mortality. Physical development is a complex of morphological and functional properties of an organism. Signs: 1. Anthropometric - measurement of the body of a human skeleton. a) somametric - the body and its parts; b)
- Physical development study
The most important indicators of somatic well-being of a person is his physical development and physical performance. The term “physical performance” refers to a person’s potential ability to manifest maximum physical effort in a static, dynamic or mixed work (Tikhvinsky SB, Khrushchev SV, 1991). Physical performance is integrative