Licensed books on medicine
<< Previous || Next >> |
Teaching as a field of professional psychologists
Another area of professional activity of a psychologist is the teaching of psychology. Since the beginning of the 20th century, scientific and pedagogical activities in the field of psychology have been inextricably linked. The profession of a scientist and teacher in psychology has become inseparable. Most well-known Russian psychologists worked as teachers at universities. Professors and other teachers conducted research, wrote scientific papers and passed on the knowledge, ideas, theories to students. University and institute departments were centers of psychological thought, centers of scientific psychology. Professors were leaders in psychological research. Their teaching was aimed at presenting their concepts and psychological views. The purpose of teaching was, first of all, in the dissemination of psychological ideas, in the training of future scientists. The profession of a teacher as a separate was not allocated. Such an interrelation of scientific and pedagogical activity is preserved both in Russian and in foreign universities throughout the entire 20th century. The professor’s pedagogical abilities were always highly valued, but the main thing for him was his scientific qualification.
At the same time, the profession of a teacher of psychology has its own specifics, unlike the profession of a psychologist-scientist, and a psychologist-practitioner. He must not only have psychological knowledge, but also be able to pass it on to students. In this regard, the skills, personal qualities and abilities of a psychology teacher are akin to other teaching professions. He must
1) have a wide education, awareness in various fields of psychological knowledge, as well as be erudite in other sciences;
2) fundamentally know the subject taught;
3) be able to independently select educational material, determine the best tools and effective teaching methods;
4) own the logic and lexical richness of speech, expressive means of communication, oratory and artistic abilities;
5) be able to explain educational material in an accessible way in order to ensure its understanding and assimilation by students;
6) possess observation, exactingness and the ability to understand the student;
7) be able to create motivation for students to learn educational material;
8) possess communicative and organizational skills;
9) own pedagogical tact.
Of course, as in other types of professional psychological work, it is important for a psychologist to take into account the individual characteristics of his personality in teaching.
Teaching psychology as a professional activity is carried out in Russia in three types of educational institutions.
At the psychological faculties of universities and other higher education institutions that train professional psychologists. The main task of teaching in this case is the transfer of psychological knowledge and skills, in the formation of skills necessary for the future professional activities of psychology students.
2. In pedagogical, medical, legal, technical and other universities that train specialists who work professionally with people. The main task of teaching in this case is to form the psychological competence necessary for them to successfully complete their professional activities.
3. In general educational institutions (schools, gymnasiums, lyceums) that provide general secondary education. The main task of teaching in this case is the formation on the basis of psychological knowledge of the general psychological culture of students.
The amount of academic time devoted to the study of psychology, and teaching methods in different types of educational institutions differ depending on the tasks the teacher solves.
Thus, currently in Russia there are wide opportunities for professional psychological work in the field of teaching.
| << Previous || Next >> |
| = Skip to textbook content = |
Teaching as a field of professional psychologists
- Teaching as a sphere of activity of professional psychologists
The profession of a teacher of psychology has its own specifics, unlike the profession of a psychologist-scientist, and a psychologist-practitioner. He should not only have psychological knowledge, but also be able to pass it on to students. In this regard, the skills, personal qualities and abilities of a psychology teacher are akin to other teaching professions. He must 1) have a wide education, knowledge in
- Practical Psychology as a Field of Professional Psychologists
Practical psychology as a field of professional activity
- Professional activity of a psychologist. Psychologists as a professional community
Professional activity of a psychologist. Psychologists as a professional
- Psychological counseling as a professional activity of a psychologist
Psychological counseling is one of the common types of professional work of a psychologist. People turn to a consultant for psychological help, advice for overcoming difficulties in various situations of everyday life. The purpose of the counseling psychologist is to help people safely resolve life crises, increase their ability to solve problems, and accept
- PSYCHOLOGY AS A PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY
PSYCHOLOGY AS A PROFESSIONAL
- Student psychologist as a subject of educational and professional activity
In modern pedagogy and pedagogical psychology, the traditional scheme of relations between teachers and students has long been abandoned, when the teacher acts as the "bearer" of knowledge and its active "guide" to the consciousness of students, i.e. acts as a "subject of the educational process", and students only "perceive" the proposed knowledge, while actually remaining passive
- “Psychological analysis of the professional activity of the educational psychologist as an objective basis for readiness formation”
In chapter II, based on the basic principle of the primacy of the model of activity in professional development, a psychological analysis of the practical psychology of education as a sphere of professional labor is carried out. The logic and content of this chapter was determined by the system-activity approach to the study of professional activity based on the leading ideas of the analysis of the psychological structure of activity (E.M.
- Improving the style of professional activity, optimizing the relationship between individual groups of professional skills, increasing the number of "degrees of freedom" of the subject of professional activity
This performance criterion is a unique criterion for acmeological training program-oriented, since this training is aimed at fulfilling the task of improving professional skills as a whole and has sufficient methodological potential to solve it. In addition to increasing the level of possession of individual skills and psycho-correction of the current state
- Ethics of professional psychologist
Ethics is a set of norms of behavior, the moral of a social group. The activities of any professional group also develop their own standards, rules of professional behavior, which together form a professional ethic. So, they talk about medical ethics, scientific ethics. The importance of ethics in the work of a doctor is known to many. They also know that ancient Greek
- Scientific activities of professional psychologists
Scientific psychology is one of the most important areas of activity of professional psychologists. Psychologists working in the field of scientific psychology conduct scientific research on mental phenomena, patterns of mental processes, conditions, properties. A feature of scientific research of the psyche is the objectivity and greater reliability of psychological knowledge. Research is aimed at finding
- Professional and ethical standards of psychologist
The professional activity of a psychologist is a very complex and responsible area of professional activity that requires appropriate education, professional skill, as it affects the fate of people. It is associated with the knowledge of purely individual personality characteristics of people, their deep inner experiences and conditions. In the process, the psychologist operates with information,
- Professional and ethical standards of military psychologist
The professional activity of a psychologist is a very complex and responsible area of professional activity. It requires appropriate education, professional skill and may affect the fate of people (for example, when a medical or forensic psychological diagnosis is made). The professional activity of a military psychologist is associated with the knowledge of purely individual